Has anyone tried this breakfast?

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent analysis, @CherryAA, as always. (post 13). Thank you.

but, erm ...... sorry to bring this up again after Bluetit1802, maybe a couple of amendments were missed (paras 4 and 7 ?) We all know what/who you mean, am thinking only of any "spiders", "gremlins", or whatever they are, who might come across this thread in future and misunderstand.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent analysis, @CherryAA, as always. (post 13). Thank you.

but, erm ...... sorry to bring this up again after Bluetit1802, maybe a couple of amendments were missed (paras 4 and 7 ?) We all know what/who you mean, am thinking only of any "spiders", "gremlins", or whatever they are, who might come across this thread in future and misunderstand.

yeah I know - I'm such a dork - all amended now. Sorry was out so didn't notice this post until now. all tickety boo now
diabetes.org is the bad guy.

Reactions: Salvia

Footrest

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I went for a rummage looking for nutritional content and so on. eventually found the information on Amazon, rather than the Betavivo's own website, which I found astonishing. I mean, why create and market a product you claim to have amazing properties and health benefits, and then not actually say what the customer is eating...?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Betavivo-Crispy-Hearts-345g-package/dp/B00O8UF4UY
Anyway, it turns out that this Betavivo oat heart stuff is supposed to be eaten in portions weighing only 23g.
Yes, that is less than one ounce.
And that if eaten in that size a portion you will get a whopping 9.5 g of carbs, of which 1.1g is sugars.

So... um... I don't call 23g of anything breakfast. Do you? More like a crunchy garnish on top of breakfast.
It would certainly need quite a lot of other stuff added to earn the title of meal... and whatever that other stuff was, is going to affect the blood glucose result (and the cholesterol).

Not something I see myself eating.

I don’t see myself eating it but I don’t agree the carb count is too much - it would mix nicely with Greek yogurt for a breakfast

Hotpepper20000

For me no matter what the carb content I can not have grains, soy or corn.
No matter what the amount it spikes me to double digits.
So if a manufacturer labels anything low carb and it contains soy, grains or corn it's not good for me.
I also find most anything in packages is not suitable for how I choose to nourish my body. (Unless it's cheese ;))