Have I cracked the morning dump ( liver )?

Dusty911

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have I cracked the morning dump? ( liver dump)
Wrote not so long ago on here about an unstoppable morning rise in BG no matter what I did. Possibly its resolved. Unfortunately I was totally unscientific and did several new things at once. Dropped statins was getting bad muscle pains in legs and knees ( seeing doctor in a couple of weeks). Changed way I take metformin to two after evening meal and two after breakfast rather than spaced through day and continue to lose weight sticking to low carb diet. Whatever the cause hoping the new readings of around 6.5 fasting rising to no higher than 7.5 2 hours after meals hangs around. Using code free which I read can read slightly high so all good news. By the way the other morning dump remains good too

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wrote not so long ago on here about an unstoppable morning rise in BG no matter what I did. Possibly its resolved. Unfortunately I was totally unscientific and did several new things at once. Dropped statins was getting bad muscle pains in legs and knees ( seeing doctor in a couple of weeks). Changed way I take metformin to two after evening meal and two after breakfast rather than spaced through day and continue to lose weight sticking to low carb diet. Whatever the cause hoping the new readings of around 6.5 fasting rising to no higher than 7.5 2 hours after meals hangs around. Using code free which I read can read slightly high so all good news. By the way the other morning dump remains good too

That's brilliant news ! As a matter of interest where are you on your weight loss journey? As far as I can gather there maybe some kind of " switch" when visceral fat loss reaches a certain point. It would also be interesting to see if the reduction correlates at all with your waist to height measurement. Either way whichever reason, you must be really pleased !

rider

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Dusty, that is as scientific as it gets :) good on cracking the code :) :thumb

I have also been struggling with the morning high and in the last two days, through trial and error, seem to have it sorted.

Replaced morning tea with lemon juice (I know, I know ...)
After the lemon juice, a brisk 30 minute walk or run at 6.30 am
Through out the day, no more than 1 cuppa tea. Replace all tea with lime/lemon juice.
On a low carb diet anyways and that is helping for sure.

All the best.

Dusty911

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's brilliant news ! As a matter of interest where are you on your weight loss journey? As far as I can gather there maybe some kind of " switch" when visceral fat loss reaches a certain point. It would also be interesting to see if the reduction correlates at all with your waist to height measurement. Either way whichever reason, you must be really pleased !

Hi CherryAA I have not weighed myself on purpose as I did not want to be discouraged. I have relied on clothes measurements to estimate. I would estimate that I am between 12 and 12 and a half stone. I recently was able to fit in to my 16 year old Levi 501s 32 inch waist but would not yet where them out as the resulting tightness is on the obscene side! Marks and Sparks jeans I fit comfortably into 32 inch waist! Was 38 at beginning of year. I am 5 foot nine and a very important half. Thanks for your encouraging response and it does feel indeed as if some sort of switch has been triggered. Time will tell!

Reactions: Kentoldlady1

Dusty911

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Dusty, that is as scientific as it gets :) good on cracking the code :) :thumb

I have also been struggling with the morning high and in the last two days, through trial and error, seem to have it sorted.

Replaced morning tea with lemon juice (I know, I know ...)
After the lemon juice, a brisk 30 minute walk or run at 6.30 am
Through out the day, no more than 1 cuppa tea. Replace all tea with lime/lemon juice.
On a low carb diet anyways and that is helping for sure.

All the best.

Thanks Rider, pleased to hear about your success as well. Interesting about the tea as I was considering giving up the milk in it to get some movement on BG in the morning. I am a copious tea drinker ( Irish heritage) and as stated previously in another thread have been gutted by my total intolerance to spuds. Tea may well have been a step to far ( A cup of tea father. Ochhh you will, you will ,you will.)
Take Care

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Rider, pleased to hear about your success as well. Interesting about the tea as I was considering giving up the milk in it to get some movement on BG in the morning. I am a copious tea drinker ( Irish heritage) and as stated previously in another thread have been gutted by my total intolerance to spuds. Tea may well have been a step to far ( A cup of tea father. Ochhh you will, you will ,you will.)
Take Care

I've found that now I've got my bgl's under control I can risk (and very much enjoy) potatoes. Not everyday and not lots but when I feel like them. I always have them with fat and they do next to nothing to my bgl's.

Love the Mrs Doyle quote I have a sister in law like that but over spuds!

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The "liver dump" tends to sort itself out when we have removed enough fat from our livers. So for most people it just needs them to control their after meal BG and give it time. (losing weight etc also helps.)

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi CherryAA I have not weighed myself on purpose as I did not want to be discouraged. I have relied on clothes measurements to estimate. I would estimate that I am between 12 and 12 and a half stone. I recently was able to fit in to my 16 year old Levi 501s 32 inch waist but would not yet where them out as the resulting tightness is on the obscene side! Marks and Sparks jeans I fit comfortably into 32 inch waist! Was 38 at beginning of year. I am 5 foot nine and a very important half. Thanks for your encouraging response and it does feel indeed as if some sort of switch has been triggered. Time will tell!

As far as I understand it , once your waist is less than 50% of your height, you move into the potentially metabolically healthy camp . I'm still looking for the missing too inches - or more precisely trying to lose the ever present two inches :)

Reactions: lindijanice