Having Munchie Pangs

suzil

Dislikes
rude people, intolerances of different life styles, migraines and getting old!
Don't know if coming off my antibiotics and steroids has caused this but I am having enormous munchie pangs after meals, during meals, before meals ... you guessed it all the time. Nothing new in my routine apart from that so could this be the problem?

Suzil

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
I don't know the reason, but a good dose of protein rich foods and go light on the carbs *MAY* have a bearing?? Worth a try for a few days even if you are not a low-carb-convert :) and if it doesn't work, you probably didn't lose anything :)

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
I get munchie days too. Tonight for example. I coul sit here and stuff myself silly and still be hungry. Any suggestions to stop the munchies Jem? :cry:

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
you could always ... ...

munch something??

lol - just make it something healthy ... or do as I sometimes do - eat an ounce of cheese, a bag of macanuts OR three teaspoons of single extra thick cream (yes, guiltlessly and straight from the tub!!!!!) - stops my hunger in it's tracks!

suzil

Dislikes
rude people, intolerances of different life styles, migraines and getting old!
Jem
Guess it'll be the macadamias then cos I'm dairy intolerent.
Just wondered why all of a sudden I'm ravenous all the time when I had been fine before and during the steroid and antibiotic taking. Oh well another mystery!

Suzi :roll:

Jem

Dislikes
I haven't tried the appetite reduction with vegan cream yet, although from memory it tends to be overly sweet - so possibly not a good idea ;)

Hope the macanuts work, they dure did for me ...

In terms of general munchies ... since reducing my carbs to less than 60grammes a day, I have found I rarely get the screaming hunger gnawing in my belly :) it's all good!

xxx

Jimbo1973

Dislikes
Beetroot, Cucumber, Radish, Prawns - and arrogant people that have no understanding of how ill you can really be without looking ill
M
A
C
A
D
A
M
I
A
S

Its the way forward for sure - whenever i get the munchies i'll either eat an apple or munch some macanuts for sure - my hunger pangs have dropped quite a bit as well recently

I'm remortgaging soon to fund my Macadamia addiction now :D

Jimbo

Jem

Dislikes
Hey Jimbo - they grow Macadamias in Hawaii ... might I suggest a hideaway in the vicinity once we have completed the bank job?

Jimbo1973

Dislikes
Beetroot, Cucumber, Radish, Prawns - and arrogant people that have no understanding of how ill you can really be without looking ill
Jem said:
Hey Jimbo - they grow Macadamias in Hawaii ... might I suggest a hideaway in the vicinity once we have completed the bank job?

Awesome idea - but lets not take this one off thread, i'll get shouted at again. It's going on our thread now !!!!! :D

Jimbo

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Sterroids will do it
Try some rooibos tea. It's what i have, the vanilla one. Carb and calorie free. If you don't like rooibos or hot drinks, try fizzy water

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Macadamias will win every time. Creams a bit too sweet for me now....except at xmas. :|

coopergang

totally agree about the macadamias nuts. Hadent heard of them till saw them on this site, anyway bought some, cant believe the taste, they are lovely and they do stop the craving for snacks, which is great for me cause i dont like fruit and have tried for years to find something like this.
THANKS EVERYONE!!!

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
coopergang said:
totally agree about the macadamias nuts. Hadent heard of them till saw them on this site, anyway bought some, cant believe the taste, they are lovely and they do stop the craving for snacks, which is great for me cause i dont like fruit and have tried for years to find something like this.
THANKS EVERYONE!!!

You are now a member of the Macadamias nutter club there is no escape :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

gillyh

Dislikes
True...Jems converted us all to macanuts!! :mrgreen:

ATSBod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I bought some Macadamia's last week from Tesco.
When I tried them, I found that they have a sort of pleasant buttery texture but absolutely NO taste whatsoever! :cry:
I can taste walnuts and Brazil nuts OK, so what am I doing wrong???

Oh, well... :? :? :?

... Jim

Ozzie

Dislikes
DUK
munchies is not something i suffer with as a general rule, when I've had a few drinks i do get kind of peckish so always have different cheeses in the fridge for emergencies.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Soya yogurt - lactose - nil, carbs 2.5%

Cook a batch of veg sausages & keep in the fridge - & eat one occasionally. (Check the carb content)

gillyh

Dislikes
I'd heard that soya yoghurt and milk tasted a lot different to other types? What;s the difference? If any. :wink:

Jem

Dislikes
gillyh said:
True...Jems converted us all to macanuts!! :mrgreen:

YEP!

Sorry about that - your bank balance will never be the same (just kicking myself Ididn't buy importing rights to these things - coulda been RICH!)

@ ATSBod - I guess everyone tastes things slightly differently - as a matter of interest, try the salted ones instead of the plain ones - think you might find it more pleasant.

Ian - yesss ... cooked veggie sausages are great idea ... morrisons do CHEAP ones that have around 5 carbs per sausage so not LOW carb but still very acceptable for a snack :) and extremely yummy when cold and dipped in sour cream and chive dip or mayo :)