Hb1ac results this morning

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Just picked my results up this morning one year to the day when I was first diagnosed,I am quite pleased but don't understand most of the numbers:)

P1290452.JPG

Reactions: Jo123 and Guzzler

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon and thank you @Bluetit1802 and @13lizanne my friends its all the cholesterol numbers is my combined cholesterol 4.5 I don't understand HDL/ LDL.:)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, your total cholesterol is 4.5.
The total cholesterol is the total of HDL + LDL + 46% of the triglycerides (UK measurements)

HDL is the good cholesterol that sweeps away the bad cholesterol (simply speaking). The higher the number the better.
LDL can be bad cholesterol. The lower the better.
Triglycerides are the very bad ones and need to be as low as possible.

If you enter your numbers in this calculator, it may help you.
http://www.hughcalc.org/chol-si.php

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon and thank you @walnut_face and @Hiitsme and @Bluetit1802 ,I am very pleased as my diet of Low carb(80/100) per day and about lots of Anchor butter (5 Packs a week)seems to be working and lots sardines in olive oil, not forgetting my Sunday roast once a week and my fyup ie two sausage/bacon /tinned tomatoes.thanks to everyone on this forum who I owe so much to you all:)

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon and thank you @walnut_face and @Hiitsme and @Bluetit1802 ,I am very pleased as my diet of Low carb(80/100) per day and about lots of Anchor butter (5 Packs a week)seems to be working and lots sardines in olive oil, not forgetting my Sunday roast once a week and my fyup ie two sausage/bacon /tinned tomatoes.thanks to everyone on this forum who I owe so much to you all:)

Sounds fabulous...did someone say low carb is restrictive? ;)

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just picked my results up this morning one year to the day when I was first diagnosed,I am quite pleased but don't understand most of the numbers:)

View attachment 24077
Congratulations! Looking at your cholesterol, your triglycerides are brilliant but your HDL (the good cholesterol) could be higher. I am no expert, but I think one of the main ways to raise HDL is by exercising. The low triglycerides are presumably due to your low carb intake.

Reactions: Freema

Anthony1738

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Boom Boom Club Music (cant see the point its not Music) Moto GP and Manchester United
Fantastic results after 12 months, well done and keep it up.

Reactions: Freema