HB1CA

Janrad49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Cats
just had my hbica done prior to diabetic appointment next week I haven’t been seen since February .my hb1Ca is 62 I am on once a day insulin (humbling 1) should I be worried

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What were your previous HbA1c results? How is your blood sugar control generally?

Janrad49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Cats
What were your previous HbA1c results? How is your blood sugar control generally?
Not sure about previous results I try to eat a low carb diet but not very well I am taking humbling 1 insulin once a day

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well its a bit hard to say if we don't know whether your 62 mmol/m is better or worse than the last one.. assuming that is what you wanted to know. I presume you are measuring your blood sugar regularly? What are your usual levels?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure about previous results I try to eat a low carb diet but not very well I am taking humbling 1 insulin once a day

It will be useful to you if you find out your previous results, Back to last year maybe, and what you were when first diagnosed. It is important you know where you were and where you are now, whether you are improving or deteriorating.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
My initial was 134, so relative to that not too bad. Ideally it would be great to get this consistently 41 or below (non-diabetic). You have choices of bad control, good control or excellent control. This choice is facilitated by the dietary options you select mainly (sleep, stress, exercise, genetics etc to a lesser extent than diet impact a possible "reversal" of Type 2), this can even include possible full removal of the insulin you take.

If you require more detail on options, just say; Type 2 is one of the few conditions where achieving remission is possible if worked at.

Janrad49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Cats
Thanks for replies