HbA1c 3 month test results today

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all, got my test results back yesterday.
Diagnosed in Jan 2016 this year HbA1c 148 mmol / mol. Now 3 months on April 2016 54 mmol / mol.
REPORT COMMENTS.
Less than 58 mmol /mol control GOOD
58 - 74 mmol / mol control MODRATE
75 mmol / mol or higher control POOR
The lower the HbA1c, the lower the risk of diabetes complications.
In diagnosed patients a HbA1c result >41 mmol / ml should be considered as high risk of having diabetes in accordance with WHO guidance.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
That is fantastic. You must be very happy congratulations on a great result
Cheers

Reactions: 2 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @amgrundy
Great improvement and hopefully will be even lower next time as it's an average of last 2/3 months.

Reactions: 4 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Fabulous results Arlene, that's almost TWO THIRDS less than on diagnosis. Well done - I'm doing the victory dance for you :) Anna xxxxxx

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
That is fantastic. You must be very happy congratulations on a great result
Cheers
Than you "muzza3 yes I am happy with the result, although doctor was happy as well he said he didn't want me to test anymore :confused: I tried to explain that I needed to keep on testing. He said well you should know by now what you can eat, why do you need to test? :mad: I tired to explain that there are so many foods and combinations of foods I would still like to try, and that the help and support I have off this site keeps me going. He replied < well you can test 2-3 times a week then but you don't need to test every day and come back in 3 months. > Then he aasked how much weight had I lost, I replied 1st 8lbs he said that's good as when you go on metformin like I did you tend to loose weight at the beginning fairly quickly.

I am going next week to see Diabetic nurse see if she listens to me as I am not happy how my doctor didn't seem to listen to what I was trying to say. I think Doctors work with Theory but us patients work with practice !!!!!:facepalm:

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
[QUOTE, post:="Hiitsme 1150835, member: 181310"]Well done @amgrundy
Great improvement and hopefully will be even lower next time as it's an average of last 2/3 months.[/QUOTE]
Thank you ="Hiitsme yes I hope so. :)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Fabulous results Arlene, that's almost TWO THIRDS less than on diagnosis. Well done - I'm doing the victory dance for you :) Anna xxxxxx
Hi Anna, Thank you Anna, I have replied to Muzza3, instead of writing it all again read my reply back to him, doctors don't understand fully. Arlene xxxxx

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice going with the HbA1c!

I agree about the doc. There we are, sweating blood behind the scenes, watching every mouthful, checking bg, tailoring our diets, and working the Long Game.

And we pop in to see the doc and they say 'told you the meds would work!'
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

But at least here you will get proper recognition of your hard work!

Next time, you will probably be in pre-diabetic figures.
Maybe they will take notice then...
or not. :(

Reactions: 3 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Thank :):):)you all who have taken the time to reply to my post Hba1c Blood test results will let you all know what my Diabetic nurse has to say next week. :):):):)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Honestly! What can you do Arlene? My GP took my strips off prescription as well and said exactly the same thing to me - almost word for word with the inclusion of "well I suppose you like the feeling of being in control" he also said he would prefer my HbA1c to be HIGHER He honestly did. Never mind petal, we are the winners! It's not his feet and eyesight that are at stake, you keep on doing as you are doing, you are the expert here, not him xx

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Nice going with the HbA1c!

I agree about the doc. There we are, sweating blood behind the scenes, watching every mouthful, checking bg, tailoring our diets, and working the Long Game.

And we pop in to see the doc and they say 'told you the meds would work!'
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

But at least here you will get proper recognition of your hard work!

Next time, you will probably be in pre-diabetic figures.
Maybe they will take notice then...
or not. :(
Hi Brunneria, yes you may be right about the meds, I got to thinking that he thought it was more about the meds than the diet too. He also said, the reason as well he did not want me to keep checking my BG readings was that he didn't want me to get stressed with the readings what !!!!!!!!!! I told him I would get more stressed if I didn't test, as I would not know what was going on with my body, [ at this point I was so annoyed that I nearly said would you keep testing if it was you? but had to stop myself, just said Thank you and came out. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well done you! I will let lizanne do the dance as dad dancing isnt attractive and I have gout :)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Honestly! What can you do Arlene? My GP took my strips off prescription as well and said exactly the same thing to me - almost word for word with the inclusion of "well I suppose you like the feeling of being in control" he also said he would prefer my HbA1c to be HIGHER He honestly did. Never mind petal, we are the winners! It's not his feet and eyesight that are at stake, you keep on doing as you are doing, you are the expert here, not him xx
Hi Anna, that's my next step when my strips want repeating in 5 weeks time, will he refuse the prescription, this is something I will definitely be discussing with the diabetic nurse. I can not believe your doc said he would like them to be HIGHER . Just had a phone call from docs telling me my diabetic nurse will be on holiday next week so will have to see another one. Hope she understands. :rolleyes:

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
well done you! I will let lizanne do the dance as dad dancing isnt attractive and I have gout :)
Thank you very much, that's funny, not about the gout of course. Yes I am pleased with myself, but still need the support and advice from you friendly people. :)

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Than you "muzza3 yes I am happy with the result, although doctor was happy as well he said he didn't want me to test anymore :confused: I tried to explain that I needed to keep on testing. He said well you should know by now what you can eat, why do you need to test? :mad: I tired to explain that there are so many foods and combinations of foods I would still like to try, and that the help and support I have off this site keeps me going. He replied < well you can test 2-3 times a week then but you don't need to test every day and come back in 3 months. > Then he aasked how much weight had I lost, I replied 1st 8lbs he said that's good as when you go on metformin like I did you tend to loose weight at the beginning fairly quickly.

I am going next week to see Diabetic nurse see if she listens to me as I am not happy how my doctor didn't seem to listen to what I was trying to say. I think Doctors work with Theory but us patients work with practice !!!!!:facepalm:
Wow!! It wasn't that long ago that I would follow all the advice I got from my doctor. Now I consider it and get further opinions (this is one of the best sources) before making a considered decision. What is their problem with testing!!!! It makes no sense at all!!
Cheers

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Wow!! It wasn't that long ago that I would follow all the advice I got from my doctor. Now I consider it and get further opinions (this is one of the best sources) before making a considered decision. What is their problem with testing!!!! It makes no sense at all!!
Cheers
Hi muzza3, I honestly think the reason for saying they don't want us to keep testing is the cost to the NHS for the metres and strips. Don't they realise they are dealing with our lives here and if anything happens to us it would cost the NHs a lot more for treatment, that's what I think as I know others will do to. Have a good day .

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, got my test results back yesterday.
Diagnosed in Jan 2016 this year HbA1c 148 mmol / mol. Now 3 months on April 2016 54 mmol / mol.
REPORT COMMENTS.
Less than 58 mmol /mol control GOOD
58 - 74 mmol / mol control MODRATE
75 mmol / mol or higher control POOR
The lower the HbA1c, the lower the risk of diabetes complications.
In diagnosed patients a HbA1c result >41 mmol / ml should be considered as high risk of having diabetes in accordance with WHO guidance.

Really very, very well done. That's an astonishing improvement.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very, very well done. Amazing results in just 3 months, and you know it's not the meds but the testing and your own hard work.
:):):)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Very, very well done. Amazing results in just 3 months, and you know it's not the meds but the testing and your own hard work.
:):):)
Hi "bluetit1802, Thank you I know its the diet and the good support and advice from you nice people. I didn't think the doc thought about the diet as much as the meds. :rolleyes::rolleyes: