Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant news! Keep up the good work!

neil2053

Absolutely brilliant news @Wojciechu. See it can be reduced with hard work. I was recently given the biggest shock of my life. I was warned 4 years ago that my sugars were high, Hba1c 48. Over the last 4 yrs I’ve been struggling with finding the right diet & also due to ignorance, thought that I could be good for a few months per year & enjoy myself for the rest. The result was that my weight see sawed by 2 1/2 stones, Hba1c readings fluctuated between 42-48 until finally on 18/12/19 my latest Hba1c result was 51. This really did prompt me to act. I went on the Keto diet from Xmas Day & had another Hba1c check done on 02/02/20 (5 1/2 weeks since I started the diet) & after loosing 14lbs & walking 8km/day 3days/week I’ve just received my latest Hba1c result which is 40. So to those who are feeling disheartened, carry on, be strict with your diet, reduce those carbs, download the Carb Manager app & attack this awful disease with science & will power & you will go into remission. Then unfortunately, like me, you will have to stay on a low carb diet forever, but there are lots of alternatives. Just follow the excellent Low Carb Programme. Good luck @Wojciechu & everyone else.