HbA1c 42 dropped to 37

Andrew S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snobs! Angry people who keep getting angry and can't calm down.
I received my new result, 42 was a year ago and I have been working hard at improving my condition since then. These are some of the things that seem to be helping me, but I can't give advice as we are all different. Many of them fall into a category of "can't do any harm so might as well try"!

Louise Hay affirmation (I say it aloud twelve tines).
Morning porridge
Taking Metformin twice a day
Pressups
A short run instead of walking to or from the Tube, I run for 5 or 10 minutes.
Reduced carbs, but I don't think I am technically low carbing in the sense that other posters are (but I want to work on this)
Throwing lots of veg and salad on the plate when I skip having the chips or the mash.
Snacks - my own mixture of unsalted nuts, throughout the day but mainly mid morning and at 7pm if I have a 4pm meal provided at work
Support from my friends and colleagues, particularly compliments when I lost weight.
Lots of laughter
Trying not to beat myself up if I break the odd rule and have something sweet once in a while!
Trying to sleep more hours at night and catch 40 winks if I get tired at other times.
I might be a little more scientific and start self testing in 2014.

New year resolution time folks!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Re: HbA1c 42 dropped to 37

Well done Andrew :thumbup:

Andrew S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snobs! Angry people who keep getting angry and can't calm down.
Thanks! I forgot to mention, I like a strong coffee in the morning and sometimes treat myself to an Americano, but have my own supply of decaffeinated instant for the afternoons. I must start drinking herbal tea again too...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App