Reactions: 16 people

Ali B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Liking this..never seen onoe before! Thank you for posting! :happy:

sarah

Very useful thank you, what is the source?

Also, you can get what is considered "excellent control" with an average BG of 8m/mols. Would you say that's excellent?

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
this is great will save this one thanks

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is great, but I'm still aiming for under 6 (42 in new money).

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great minds think alike. When I got my results a couple of weeks ago I googled the conversion table then took a screen shot so it's on my camera roll. I tried to post here but I was unable to with the app, then I forgot about it. It was the NHS Basildon and Thurrock university hospital version. Almost the same but colours are pastel shades ha ha.

Thanks for posting. :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great to see im in the excellent zone, just need to make sure I keep it that way!!

alienskin

According to this chart I had good control at the point of my diagnosis!
Yeah, that's quite normal. In the past HbA1c wasn't used for diagnosis but as a way of measuring control of people already diagnosed as in the above image. For diagnostic purposes generally ~5.6% is considered normal, 5.7~6.4% prediabetic and 6.5% diabetic.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah, that's quite normal. In the past HbA1c wasn't used for diagnosis but as a way of measuring control of people already diagnosed as in the above image. For diagnostic purposes generally ~5.6% is considered normal, 5.7~6.4% prediabetic and 6.5% diabetic.

Diagnosis is at different levels throughout the world.
Here in the UK prediabetes is at 42mmol/mol and above
and diabetes is at 48mmol/mol and above
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
And in the chart the pre-diabetes range is in the green zone.