Hba1c down again :)

NatJS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
So despite failing utterly at low carbing, and actually regaining some weight I'd lost (about 35 lbs), my latest hba1c is down to 37 from 92 at diagnosis in February - even my cholesterol has improved. Lots of walking has helped, and I'll admit I'm on a small dose of pioglitazone and repaglinide on top of my metformin.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good for you. Whatever you're doing, it clearly works - so, whatever floats your boat!

Reactions: Prem51

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@NatJS - Great HbA1c result. It just goes to show there can be many ways to skin this particular metaphoric cat.

Having had fabulous weight loss, it'd be so demoralising if you were to regain it all. Have you managed to staunch the gain?

Fingers crossed for you.

Nanny_B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done! I’ve got my second hba1c test tomorrow. Bit worried as I did fall off the wagon a bit in the Summer but have been back low carbing for about 5 weeks now. Just hoping I don’t see a huge rise. It’s good to be back on it but I do struggle to get my head around the fact this is for life and not some fad diet to lose weight. I’ve done so many of those in the past but always ended up putting on more weight than before! I’ve got another 30lbs or so to go. It’s taken ages but I’ve lost 21 lbs since Feb this year. Wish me luck!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I now have A1c envy! Well done.

KathyCP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I do struggle to get my head around the fact this is for life
yeah, it feel like a life sentence sometime, doesn't it? - i suppose it is, in a way. but i have found it getting easier with time (18 months lchf now) and i have realised that i can afford to fall off the wagon occasionally, as long as i don't make a habit of it. :)