Hba1c is 61

Mark-optimistic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am at a loss with what to do. I have been losing weight over the past few months and had a plethra of tests which can't find a source for this.

I've also had horrible blood sugars and extreme fatique. I'm at the point now were if I eat, I have to take ridiculous amounts of nova and it does barely anything.

My ketone levels are fine but I'm so lost. There is something going on with my body and I can't find out what.

I've had ultrasound done and blood tests. I'm waiting to go for a private ct. I'm down to under 10st and feel awful.

I need help or advise please.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've also had horrible blood sugars and extreme fatique. I'm at the point now were if I eat, I have to take ridiculous amounts of nova and it does barely anything.
What amounts of insulin are you having? The amount we need varies a lot between people.

What do your DSN and endo think?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Mark-optimistic

Have you reviewed your correction doses with your team or do you manage this yourself ?

Unmanaged high levels will be causing the weight loss and something like an infection could cause levels to go high, such as tooth infection, or other causes like insulin that’s gone off, it’s hard to guess what might actually be going on though.

Last edited:

jonathan183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried an elimination diet to find out if particular foods are triggering this response ? ... something similar to Wahls protocol ?

Samitmohal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Mark just to check you are taking your insulin 15-20 mins prior to eating your main meals.....

some pointers:

New needle each time - MUST
Hold on injecting for 10 secs at least to get the full effect
Regularly Rota places on body where you inject
Breathe in and out slowing through your nose when injecting it helps you keep calm

Also as suggest look at Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) as it will help with lowering/ regulating BGs.

For energy try to eat higher protein and fibre foods and snack on nuts and cheeses and above all tray to consume 2 litres of water as it comes from the taps - no fancy bottled stuff).

Try not to stress as that will only conflict with you diabetes control - I know mate easier said then done...I get it same struggles I go through daily.

This is not going anywhere...best to handle and control it best with some fine tuning ....best of goodluck