1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hba1c lowered in 2 months

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Testimonials' started by mickellwife, Apr 6, 2021.

1. mickellwife

mickellwife Type 2 · Active Member

I had some bad news, my hba1c was 118 and cholesterol was 9.4 just two months ago. I had another blood test done and my new hba1c is now 76 and cholesterol is 4.56 in just 2 small months. I’m in shock and can’t believe it

• Winner Winner x 6
  2. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

That is fantastic. No.wonder you're happy. Well done. Whatever you are doing keep doing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nursecathy72

Nursecathy72 Type 2 · Newbie

Hi, could i ask what you have done to help the reduction in your Hba1c ? I need to get mine down to emable me to have surgery and im desperate, tia

4. Ronancastled

Ronancastled Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Congrats.
    Even more amazing when you consider that the A1c is a 3 month average so you've a bad month in your latest follow up.
    Keep up the great work

• Like Like x 1
  5. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Ultra low carb and intermittent fasting.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PiersAaron

PiersAaron · Active Member

Congratulations,! Fantastic work!!!! Keep up your positive attitude and moving forward. However, today give very yourself a well-deserved pat on the back.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mickellwife

mickellwife Type 2 · Active Member

I have cut down my carbs and eating low fat aswel because of my cholesterol. I am in complete shock. Still a way to go but over half way there in just 2 months x

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook