Hba1c Reading

Mat Bonner

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I originally had a hba1c reading of 42, which went down to 40 and my most recent test is 38. I find it difficult to find specific information on the readings and I am wondering where I am now with the 38 reading.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I originally had a hba1c reading of 42, which went down to 40 and my most recent test is 38. I find it difficult to find specific information on the readings and I am wondering where I am now with the 38 reading.

Prediabetes starts at 42, diabetes at 48.
So your current hba1c is normal. :)

Paul_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Others have answered the overall question, however to give some context, I read somewhere that the average hba1c result for UK non-diabetics is 34.

Well done on reducing your hba1c, keep up the good work!

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

You've got a low-normal reading there. I'm attaching a graph that shows HbA1c distribution in a non-diabetic population - around 3,000 people if I remember correctly. You'll see from the graph that a 38 reading puts you just about bang on the mean value....of 38.

Attachments

• HB copy green line.jpg
    HB copy green line.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 111