HbA1C results

Loukay1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
When I was diagnosed with type2 diabetes September 16" my blood results where 79 6 months later my numbers where 39 after taking 4 x 500mg of metformin daily, I have just had my bloods taken again & the numbers came back at 78! I take my tablets regularly & I try to keep my diet as good as possible. I have a diabetes nurse appointment this morning, I'm worried what will be decided, has anyone else been in this situation? Many Thanks!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Have you been ill? What does a "Good diet" look like for you?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was diagnosed with type2 diabetes September 16" my blood results where 79 6 months later my numbers where 39 after taking 4 x 500mg of metformin daily, I have just had my bloods taken again & the numbers came back at 78! I take my tablets regularly & I try to keep my diet as good as possible. I have a diabetes nurse appointment this morning, I'm worried what will be decided, has anyone else been in this situation? Many Thanks!

most people can get totally normal blood glucose numbers by counting their total grams of carbs in a day and be under 150 grams , unfortunately others have to be even under 50 grams of carbs in total daily to achieve normal numbers
if you havent tried that yet , that would be my advice ..
in this forum you can find many low carb meal recipes and just keep asking specific questions, but low carb is surely the way to go if one wants normal blood glucose numbers the advice given officially is really not effective in controlling type 2 diabetes , and also the GP´s consider it a progressive disease , but in my eyes that is in fact due to a too bad advice, that doesn´t truely keep the level of carbs strickt enough
http://allrecipes.com/recipes/1591/healthy-recipes/low-carb/main-dishes/

Loukay1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
most people can get totally normal blood glucose numbers by counting their total grams of carbs in a day and be under 150 grams , unfortunately others have to be even under 50 grams of carbs in total daily to achieve normal numbers
if you havent tried that yet , that would be my advice ..
in this forum you can find many low carb meal recipes and just keep asking specific questions, but low carb is surely the way to go if one wants normal blood glucose numbers the advice given officially is really not effective in controlling type 2 diabetes , and also the GP´s consider it a progressive disease , but in my eyes that is in fact due to a too bad advice, that doesn´t truely keep the level of carbs strickt enough
http://allrecipes.com/recipes/1591/healthy-recipes/low-carb/main-dishes/
Thank you, my diabetes nurse/dietician/gp have all told be NOT to cut carbs? What do you think nurse will do today?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, my diabetes nurse/dietician/gp have all told be NOT to cut carbs? What do you think nurse will do today?
I don´t know

but actually we are the only ones that can control our diabetes , the medicine only does very little in type 2 diabetes, the good thing is that we actually can get a normal number just by learning to eat other stuff, and there are also great tasting treats that we can enjoy a lot of, so don´t worry there will be lots of foods kinds you can enjoy, you just need to learn to make them or prioritize to make them..

metformin for instance only help less than around 10 % of the lowering of blood glucose ,so then the other 90 % of effort to lower ones blood glucose are all up to the patient... and they forget telling us how little help it actually gives, so many new type 2 patients think they are in a safe haven just by taking their metformin; which is actually not the case in any way

one of the main problems in type 2 diabetes is that our insulin is very often 10 times as high as in normal people, but our body simple refuse to use it rightly and because of the very high insulin we also very often gain weight very easily
so you can maybe yourself guess what happens when a type 2 when we are given insulin because we don´t control our blood glucose by diet ??? yes most gain very much more weight

no-carb-desserts-cheesecake.jpg

http://www.easylowcarbdesserts.com/no-carb-desserts/

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Give you a talk about eating too much fat, and give you more drugs. But we all know that cutter carbs is the only thing that works!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
You lowered your HbA1c really well once and you can do it again! Read around the forum for ideas on how best to tackle the problem and ask any questions that crop up. Go on, you can do it!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When the mantra is high carb low fat it is not surprising that diabetics find it hard to control blood sugars.
Can you remember how you were eating in the first months after diagnosis?
Does it differ greatly from how you eat now?
You might have introduced just one or two things or perhaps portion sizes have grown - maybe checking blood sugars on a regular routine might show up where there have been increases.