Hba1c Results

Joe-Mcglinn

Hi All
I'm a tad confused as which diet to follow, I was diagnosed in 2014 with type 2 Diabetes.
So for the past three years I've have followed a vegan diet, so my HBA1C results on the 3rd July was 33 .
Which puts me in the "normal" non Diabetic section of the population
When I'm being healthy I tend to follow the McDougall diet, is closer to 80% carbohydrate from nutritious foods: starches, vegetables and fruits.

Which goes against Low Carb thinking, any one else follow the McDougall diet

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi All
I'm a tad confused as which diet to follow, I was diagnosed in 2014 with type 2 Diabetes.
So for the past three years I've have followed a vegan diet, so my HBA1C results on the 3rd July was 33 .
When I'm being healthy I tend to follow the McDougall diet, is closer to 80% carbohydrate from nutritious foods: starches, vegetables and fruits.

I have only recently started following lchf it’s been 6 weeks now, I’ve lost 16 lb and my bg is much improved. My hba1c was 6.3 at my last test but my dayvto day bg readings average 5.9. I stick to < 50 g carbs and I find it works for me. My carb choices coming from fruit m veg

Reactions: Joe-Mcglinn

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All

Hi Welcome to the forum sounds like you are doing really well so congratulations what you are doing is working for you so no need to change anything.

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
I agree with Pinkorchid. You have an HBA1c result which many on this forum can only long for. I would carry on as you are and stop worrying about your diet.

Reactions: Prem51

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All

If it works don’t fix it. You’re obviously controlling your diabetes well with your current diet and, if you’re happy with it, why change it?