Hba1c results

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

My initial hba1c was 103 (I know, very high!).

I’m still awaiting to be given a ‘type’ of diabetes, but I have finally been approved for the MODY blood tests which are being done this week. Although my consultant done a calculation which said I have a 0.7% chance of having MODY, so I’m not convinced they will come back positive! Which will leave me back at square one.

Anyway, I had my hba1c done this week after being on a basal bolus regime since January and it has dropped to 59. At first I felt really happy about that as it was a big drop from my first one. But then I realised it’s still a way off being under 48 (which I understand is the marker to aim for as a diabetic).

I just wondered if any others could tell me how long it took for them to get their hba1c down to below 48 after starting insulin treatment. I know this may be a difficult question as I don’t have a ‘type’ of diabetes as of yet. However as they have discovered from the c peptide test that I do not produce enough if my own insulin, I am on both basal and bolus.

Thanks for any insight you may have :)

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just wondered if any others could tell me how long it took for them to get their hba1c down to below 48 after starting insulin treatment.
We are only allowed this test every 3 months where I am. I went from 17% at diagnosis to 4.5% 3 months later.

Reactions: Prem51

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
We are only allowed this test every 3 months where I am. I went from 17% at diagnosis to 4.5% 3 months later.
Wow that is amazing progress within 3 months! You must have been very happy!