HBA1C results

Maggie75

Hi everyone,

So I've just had my results of my 6 month HBA1C check and it's 36!! I'm over the moon, started at diagnosis at 66 in Nov/20 and then 43 in Feb/21. I've been following a much lower carb diet (around 100 grams of carbs per day) and 1 500 mg metformin per day since diagnosis. Would I be correct in saying this is now at a non-diabetic level? I've arranged a call with my DN to discuss the results and if I should continue to take the metformin, but my GP surgery told me when I called there's no further action required. I would just like to thank everyone on this site for the advice, motivation and inspiration I've had, anyone diagnosed with diabetes should be directed here immediately in my humble opinion. Thanks again.

Maggie

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Maggie75 that's brilliant news, well done you! And yes, that’s a non-diabetic level. Congratulations.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,

So I've just had my results of my 6 month HBA1C check and it's 36!! I'm over the moon, started at diagnosis at 66 in Nov/20 and then 43 in Feb/21. I've been following a much lower carb diet (around 100 grams of carbs per day) and 1 500 mg metformin per day since diagnosis. Would I be correct in saying this is now at a non-diabetic level? I've arranged a call with my DN to discuss the results and if I should continue to take the metformin, but my GP surgery told me when I called there's no further action required. I would just like to thank everyone on this site for the advice, motivation and inspiration I've had, anyone diagnosed with diabetes should be directed here immediately in my humble opinion. Thanks again.

Maggie
Congratulations Maggie and I agree the advice and info on this site really is so valuable. A bit of effort and low carb to whatever level suits us personally is defo the way to go.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

Maggie

Wow, well done Maggie! It's always a bit of a let down isn't it when your surgery says 'No further action required' in such an offhand, casual, what's the big deal manner, a computer saying 'Go away' after recording a number on a spread sheet, when what you want them to say is 'Wow, Maggie, you star, you are our patient of the year, come tell us how you did it' etc. Well Maggie, you ARE a star!!!!! xxx