hbA1C

bedshaped2000

i havent benn on here for a while but could somebody put me out of my mysery and tell what my hba1c is in old money . i just phoned up and they told me 37 which on the converter here says 2.2 which i no isnt right

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
On my converter 37 is 5.5% so well done you (again!)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Just had my result which is shown in the new and the old way and it was 5.4% old way and 36 mmol/mol new way so your result is going to be similar to mine :thumbup: So congratulations :clap:

Your result would have come to your doctors in both at present so your gp surgery should have been able to tell you but I think that it is some time this year that results will only be shown in mmol/mol :D

sooliz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just been for my first 3 month checkup with diabetes nurse (diagnosed Nov last year). She gave me a printout showing results now and the first one in November, both were in the new format, I asked her to write on it the old format too. Was 52 new way/6.9 old, now 45 new way/6.2 old. I guess that means I'm doing pretty well - nurse seemed to think so.

Put on Metformin, having seen the possible side effects listed on here I asked for the SR version, she said that's what they normally prescribe anyway :thumbup:

bedshaped2000

thanks again everyonemy colesteral rose again to 4.4 but i just cant stop snaking on cheese lol. il try to come back on here a little more but my work shifts are so long lately. cheers everyone!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well done bedshaped, sid and sooliz :clap: