1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

hbA1C

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by bedshaped2000, Feb 21, 2012.

1. bedshaped2000

bedshaped2000 · Well-Known Member

i havent benn on here for a while but could somebody put me out of my mysery and tell what my hba1c is in old money . i just phoned up and they told me 37 which on the converter here says 2.2 which i no isnt right

2. CarbsRok

CarbsRok Type 1 · Well-Known Member

5.5 :)
    http://www.diabetesneweragents.co.uk/do ... ter_V3.pdf

3. xyzzy

xyzzy Other · Well-Known Member

On my converter 37 is 5.5% so well done you (again!)

4. Sid Bonkers

Sid Bonkers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just had my result which is shown in the new and the old way and it was 5.4% old way and 36 mmol/mol new way so your result is going to be similar to mine :thumbup: So congratulations :clap:

Your result would have come to your doctors in both at present so your gp surgery should have been able to tell you but I think that it is some time this year that results will only be shown in mmol/mol :D

5. sooliz

sooliz Type 2 · Active Member

Just been for my first 3 month checkup with diabetes nurse (diagnosed Nov last year). She gave me a printout showing results now and the first one in November, both were in the new format, I asked her to write on it the old format too. Was 52 new way/6.9 old, now 45 new way/6.2 old. I guess that means I'm doing pretty well - nurse seemed to think so.

Put on Metformin, having seen the possible side effects listed on here I asked for the SR version, she said that's what they normally prescribe anyway :thumbup:

6. bedshaped2000

bedshaped2000 · Well-Known Member

thanks again everyonemy colesteral rose again to 4.4 but i just cant stop snaking on cheese lol. il try to come back on here a little more but my work shifts are so long lately. cheers everyone!

7. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Well done bedshaped, sid and sooliz :clap:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook