Hbac1 results

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
Not been on for a wee bit, can't afford the internet anymore, so I may not respond quickly, anyway I got my results back from my most recent hba1c test thingy and it was 50, to say I'm astounded is putting it very mildly, fantastic results considering how little I have actually done, all that it leaves me now is to find out what is actually wrong with me, dead ends and blind alleys are beckoning again, ahem, woop woop here I go, here I go, here I go again...

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Grant1969, What is the little you have done which has resulted in the HBA1C reading? Any medications or on diet alone?

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @Grant1969, What is the little you have done which has resulted in the HBA1C reading? Any medications or on diet alone?
All I've really done is walk around a bitty after meals and 40mg of Gliclazide twice a day, I sound a wee smigde unshelved but now I'm totally lost, I still have rubber legs after 50m or so and get fuzzy fingers, cold sweats and palpitations when I eat but surely the results don't lie, so, if I'm not diabetic I guess I'm imagining it...I still fall over in my imagination and in reality the ground aint a good place to be. Upward and onward says I.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so, if I'm not diabetic I guess I'm imagining it
Sorry to wee on your parade but an HbA1c of 50 is still in the diabetic range anything over 48 is. Not sure what your levels were before but if the new one is lower then that's great. well done!

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry to wee on your parade but an HbA1c of 50 is still in the diabetic range anything over 48 is. Not sure what your levels were before but if the new one is lower then that's great. well done!
Thanks for that, confusion often reigns over my parade so don't worry about it, I'm going by the graph that appears on my "my diabetes my way" web site app and 50 is well in the green, unlike my bank account hehe, and my local nurse was aiming to hopefully work towards a result of 52, I don't know who is more surprised by the results but they've just left me feeling deflated and now silly, I'd actually been pleased I was diabetic because it's treatable unlike the pancreatitis I suffer from but now its been taken care of and I still feel the same, if not worse but the beegees are looking good with every stab I take...as long as I do as I'm told and test twice a day, once upon awakening and again randomly and try to time it to get the result I want, usually before my evening meal, oh yeah I only eat twice a day, slice of toast with bacon in the morning and summat and chips later in the day, I know I should improve my diet but it's either eating incorrectly or not paying the bills at the moment, woop woop rock n roll lifestyle and that. If I ever meet myself I'm gonna have a sit down and talk type meeting, strong words to be had.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that, confusion often reigns over my parade so don't worry about it, I'm going by the graph that appears on my "my diabetes my way" web site app and 50 is well in the green, unlike my bank account hehe, and my local nurse was aiming to hopefully work towards a result of 52, I don't know who is more surprised by the results but they've just left me feeling deflated and now silly, I'd actually been pleased I was diabetic because it's treatable unlike the pancreatitis I suffer from but now its been taken care of and I still feel the same, if not worse but the beegees are looking good with every stab I take...as long as I do as I'm told and test twice a day, once upon awakening and again randomly and try to time it to get the result I want, usually before my evening meal, oh yeah I only eat twice a day, slice of toast with bacon in the morning and summat and chips later in the day, I know I should improve my diet but it's either eating incorrectly or not paying the bills at the moment, woop woop rock n roll lifestyle and that. If I ever meet myself I'm gonna have a sit down and talk type meeting, strong words to be had.
50 is nowhere near "well in the green"... 5.0 would be, but that's a different measurement (mmol/l instead of HbA1c). Just saying, you might want to ditch the toast and chips, you'd feel better.

Reactions: paulmh

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
oh yeah I only eat twice a day, slice of toast with bacon in the morning and summat and chips later in the day,
Eggs with the bacon maybe rather than the toast and rather than the chips something green broccoli or maybe cauliflower mash with the summat maybe?

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
50 is nowhere near "well in the green"... 5.0 would be, but that's a different measurement (mmol/l instead of HbA1c). Just saying, you might want to ditch the toast and chips, you'd feel better.
Thanks, yeah the 50 was my hba1c and, of late, my bg's are usually around 5 or 6. I need to adjust my diet tho, your right, and thanks again.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, yeah the 50 was my hba1c and, of late, my bg's are usually around 5 or 6. I need to adjust my diet tho, your right, and thanks again.
Still you're making progress which is the main thing.. 5-6 isn't bad at all...bet your hbA1c is even lower next time as well.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, you're making progress, that's the main thing. Just hope you'll feel better soon!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still you're making progress which is the main thing.. 5-6 isn't bad at all...bet your hbA1c is even lower next time as well.
Okay, this is a scarily similar reply, haha. Great minds eh.

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks, it's because of good people like yourself making sense of the mixed messages newcomers like myself get from the esteemed medical staff.

Reactions: bulkbiker