hbaic

stuartclose

Morning

I am a type 2 diabetic, using the low carb method, just had my results back, 8.0 hbaic, all else normal.

the last 3 months have not been usual for me, I was diagnosed with sciatica and osteoarthritis of my spine, so walking was painfull, I was only doing half of my usual walk, the painkillers made me constipated but had to take them sometimes, I also had a very heavy cold, not flu.

my medications are:

Byetta 10 twice per day
Metformin 2 am, 2pm
Gliclacide 1am, 1pm
Simvastin
Lisprinol

any advice on where I could be going wrong, my last hbaic was 6.9

Pauline

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
I found uncontrolled constipation will affect my BG control :cry:
Are you taking an opioid based painkiller ? if so thats prob giving you the constipation ?
Try using a laxative suitable for your painkillers
I found combination of senna & lactose liquid is ideal for opioid constipation :mrgreen:

Some anti inflammatory drugs will also affect BG control

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Pauline,

Have you spoken to your diabetes nurse or gp about your latest results?

Nigel

stuartclose

Hi Nigel

I see my Consultant at the hospital next week, my Diabetic nurse said to up my night time Gliclacide to 2, I put on a 1lb straight away, so stopped.

Propbably not very wise, but I am trying so hard to keep my weight as low as possible.

Pauline

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
stuartclose said:
Hi Nigel

I see my Consultant at the hospital next week, my Diabetic nurse said to up my night time Gliclacide to 2, I put on a 1lb straight away, so stopped.

Propbably not very wise, but I am trying so hard to keep my weight as low as possible.

Pauline

Not a type 2 Pauline so not clued up Gliclacide, however next week isn't to far away and perhaps your consultant will look at your control and advise on how best to get your bg down and improve your a1c.

Nigel