Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Wow, amazing if she truly was cured, would be good to hear from her again so many years later to see how she is getting on.

I’m not holding too much hope for a cure, I may see something similar in my time but I very much doubt the nhs would fund it, such like as an artificial pancreas, I have seen some people hacking their pumps on YouTube and they are able to just leave it all day as the cgm talks to the pump. Incredible!

As amazing as this would be, I am enjoying learning to look after myself in the meantime and take things slower. Before my diagnosis, I did not look after myself properly. I put stress and work before everything else, I worried about little things which I then realised don’t matter so much in the grand scheme of things when I was rushed to hospital in a severe dka. I didn’t eat right, smoked an ecig all day long.

Since Thursday 29th October my diagnosis day this year I quit my ecig and started eating healthy with lots of whole grain, veg and fruit. I look into the foods I eat to find out how they benefit me instead of looking in the cupboard for sugary snacks. My diagnosis is weirdly a blessing as I will now take care of myself for the rest of my life and take nothing for granted!!!

• Hug
Reactions: JAT1

ReversedT2D

BANNED
Dear friends,
I was diagnosed with Type 1 at age 8 (12 years ago). I know it was for sure type 1 Diabetes with no mercy. I was on over 30 units of long-acting Lantus and probably another 30 or so units of short acting, and had a "dawn phenomenon" that shot my blood sugars very high every morning before I woke up. Then, I saw that Jesus died not only to save us from our sins, but also to heal our bodies. I know this is true, as 1: I know God cannot lie and 2: many people I know have been healed of many diseases; stage 4 cancer, brain tumors, severe anemia, allergies and lactose intolerance to name a few :) Since claiming my own healing, I started having what the professionals termed "weird lows" after eating or in the morning when I used to have sky-rocketing blood sugars. Things went unpredictable and opposite of what my nurse educator would expect to see in a T1D. Currently my regular doses have dropped to 9.5 units of Lantus and when doing good I can skip meal boluses and don't need background insulin either!
I expect to be off of insulin soon, under the supervision of medical professionals. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!
I wanted to share my story with you because I have a special place in my heart for you, knowing full well the trial of Diabetes. The doctors can give us amazing medicine and technology, but I am a witness that there is a higher power, a higher hope. :)

I reversed type 2 D because the Lord God Almighty answered my prayers

MartinWalker

How exactly did you get healed? Are you sure your Lantus isn't spoiled by heat?
If Lantus (or any other insulin) was spoiled by heat, her blood glucose would go up, not down. Faith and science, far from being in opposition, work together. Therefore I, a Maths graduate and Bible-believing Christian, believe that the Type 1 diabetes that I have suffered from for 53 years, is being healed and one day will be completely. I cannot see any other rational explanation for the fact that over the past few days, my insulin intake has gone down by 10 per cent, and I'm still having hypos. And if you're a Christian reading this, please pray for me, Martin from Norwich - the past few days have been intense.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If Lantus (or any other insulin) was spoiled by heat, her blood glucose would go up, not down. Faith and science, far from being in opposition, work together. Therefore I, a Maths graduate and Bible-believing Christian, believe that the Type 1 diabetes that I have suffered from for 53 years, is being healed and one day will be completely. I cannot see any other rational explanation for the fact that over the past few days, my insulin intake has gone down by 10 per cent, and I'm still having hypos. And if you're a Christian reading this, please pray for me, Martin from Norwich - the past few days have been intense.

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the forum.

Tha past few days have been intense for me too in this heatwave.
No hiding from it grafting outdoors in sun traps. I've dropped my basal & skipped the odd bolus too,
Treating more lows than I'd like..
But then, I need to adjust my insulin requirements when traveling to hotter countries due to heightened insulin sensitivity with the heat too. So no surprise...

Best of luck.

Jay in Wiltshire.

Last edited:

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Hi Martin,

Welcome to the forum.

Tha past few days have been intense for me too in this heatwave.
No hiding from it grafting outdoors in sun traps. I've dropped my basal & skipped the odd bolus too,
Treating more lows than I'd like..
But then, I need to adjust my insulin requirements when traveling to hotter countries due to heightened insulin sensitivity with the heat too. So no surprise...

Best of luck.

Jay in Wiltshire.

I too often find I need highly reduced insulin levels at some points

I put it down to heat causing:

1, more activity as outside more
2, I eat less when hot
3, minor weight loss due to (2)

I also find I drink massively more so that *may flush through more??

I know it’s the above as come cooler times I’m back to where I started :-(

Reactions: plantae and Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I too often find I need highly reduced insulin levels at some points

I put it down to heat causing:

1, more activity as outside more
2, I eat less when hot
3, minor weight loss due to (2)

I also find I drink massively more so that *may flush through more??

I know it’s the above as come cooler times I’m back to where I started :-(

Indeed. Another scenario is when I do gigs? I tend to fast hours prior. (Can't eat before a gig bellowing on a full stomach.)
Do a show just as the basal is tailing off. (Even late for the next shot by an hour?) The excersise from the energy heat & sweat increases sensitivity as my body & brain demands more BG. I can hover around the 4.8/ 5mmol mark..

Metabolism. :) The music is Heavy metal, so I don't feel my experience could sit right regarding any other reason. ;)

Miriam_len

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I had a similar experience almost 5/6 years ago. After 15 years of type 1 I've got a weird inner moment and after that, for a week, my insulin need dropped to the 10% (90% was supplied by the body). What have you done? How's going now? How can we reach you?
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: JAT1

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I had a similar experience almost 3 years ago. After 15 years of type 1 I've got a weird inner moment and after that, for a week, my insulin need dropped to the 10% (90% was supplied by the body). What have you done? How's going now? How can we reach you?
Thanks
Did you have Covid recently?
The amount of insulin I needed dropped significantly when I had it.
All back to normal now though.

Miriam_len

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you have Covid recently?
The amount of insulin I needed dropped significantly when I had it.
All back to normal now though.
No. It was years ago sorry. It was on 2018. It was weird. The thing is that I saw there that it was not about not having cells, but instead that the brain somehow says the pancreas to not work. This makes the difference.

Reactions: JAT1 and Antje77

Miriam_len

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear friends,
I was diagnosed with Type 1 at age 8 (12 years ago). I know it was for sure type 1 Diabetes with no mercy. I was on over 30 units of long-acting Lantus and probably another 30 or so units of short acting, and had a "dawn phenomenon" that shot my blood sugars very high every morning before I woke up. Then, I saw that Jesus died not only to save us from our sins, but also to heal our bodies. I know this is true, as 1: I know God cannot lie and 2: many people I know have been healed of many diseases; stage 4 cancer, brain tumors, severe anemia, allergies and lactose intolerance to name a few :) Since claiming my own healing, I started having what the professionals termed "weird lows" after eating or in the morning when I used to have sky-rocketing blood sugars. Things went unpredictable and opposite of what my nurse educator would expect to see in a T1D. Currently my regular doses have dropped to 9.5 units of Lantus and when doing good I can skip meal boluses and don't need background insulin either!
I expect to be off of insulin soon, under the supervision of medical professionals. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!
I wanted to share my story with you because I have a special place in my heart for you, knowing full well the trial of Diabetes. The doctors can give us amazing medicine and technology, but I am a witness that there is a higher power, a higher hope. :)
Hi, I had a similar experience almost 5/6 years ago. After 15 years of type 1 I've got a weird inner moment and after that, for a week, my insulin need dropped to the 10% (90% was supplied by the body). What have you done? How's going now? Would you be available to talk about it?
Thanks

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, I seem to be sat here after another gig.. (yep, “the devil’s music.” )

My basal tailed off hours ago. & I even tripped into hypo territory.. Meter confirmed the numbers with the sensor. T1 for 46 years. I blame it on the instability of my Lantus basal..

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just want to share my story with you all in hopes that it can be an encouragement.
Thank you so much for that and I hope the years since you started this thread and today have brought you wisdom and joy. I'm a believer, errant, and I don't like church. God has saved my life many times and it brings tears to my eyes to realize how close to me God is. I have a new doctor and on hearing my history, she said that God must be keeping me alive for a reason and thinks I should ask what it is. I told her that God loves the 'little' people, the struggling nobodies like me. I'm a link in a chain beyond my comprehension.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you so much for that and I hope the years since you started this thread and today have brought you wisdom and joy. I'm a believer, errant, and I don't like church. God has saved my life many times and it brings tears to my eyes to realize how close to me God is. I have a new doctor and on hearing my history, she said that God must be keeping me alive for a reason and thinks I should ask what it is. I told her that God loves the 'little' people, the struggling nobodies like me. I'm a link in a chain beyond my comprehension.
The human spirit quite often gets undermined regarding topics like these. In the absence of understanding “how & why.”
Certain essence of human character can be tricked into underestimating personal involvement regarding achievements..
Quite often attributed to “something else.” From my understanding of “faith” in a deity. They (gods.) never for some reason answer personal questioning on “why pick me.”
We have evolved with the ability to survive. (Like a lot of species.) As top of the food chain. We have created “god” in our own image to serve our own purpose.
I could ramble on how I feel that that the relevant “book” documents astrological movements & observations aligned with natural catastrophes in the absence of science. But there was a prime directive in Genesis regarding going anywhere near that “tree.”

Naomi_Ruth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I had a similar experience almost 5/6 years ago. After 15 years of type 1 I've got a weird inner moment and after that, for a week, my insulin need dropped to the 10% (90% was supplied by the body). What have you done? How's going now? Would you be available to talk about it?
Thanks
Hi Miriam,
Wow quite the experience you had. How are you doing now?
I am doing wonderful now, thank God. Thanks for asking. I have 2 healthy boys, 2 yrs and 4 months old. A couple years ago my doctor ordered a blood test to see if my body was producing insulin, as I had shared my testimony with her and she wanted to disprove it. Instead it showed I'm producing some of my own insulin! She couldn't explain that as after the 14 years of T1D I'd had, there should have been no insulin production. I got an insulin pump that links with a CGM and gives insulin just when needed instead of all the time. I can go hours sometimes without I kicking in, in fact I am sitting here without the insulin hooked up and my sugars are between 5 and 6. But really, all I have done is believed in Jesus Christ who can do anything!
I'll find a way to give you my contact privately once I figure out how if you would like to chat more as I realize not everyone likes hearing this type of talk :)

Reactions: Speedbird

Naomi_Ruth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you they have.
Yes I am sure God has a purpose for you! I believe He loves the 'little' people too :)

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
However it works for each individual one of us, the fact that it works is a great thing.

TheSCManiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This sounds interesting, I've been feeling strange for awhile now, but I suspect that was from incorrect dosing, might see a clearer picture once I begin using the omnipod later this month, Would be interesting to hear about your path away from the grips of this disease

Edited by mod to conform to forum rules

Last edited by a moderator: