alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow, that would have been a scary experience for you. I am glad you ended up ok, and are now enjoying not having to take so much insulin :)
Yes, many things can affect our blood sugars. I find it interesting that weather can change your levels, although I have found that humidity used to make me more resistant to insulin, or it didn't work as well.
You're exactly right, time will tell and I can keep you all updated as things change, if you want. You don't have to believe me, you're entitled to be skeptical and I won't judge you. I just want to share my story with you all in hopes that it can be an encouragement. If I was at all doubtful that God can completely save and heal and do the same for all of you, I would not be telling about it, as I am not one to give false hope.
Don't get me wrong, but it hurts if I hand myself on false hopes. It might happen for you but not for me.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am definitely not going to comment on this thread...

Well, apart from this comment, obviously.

Naomi_Ruth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Naomi,

There is quiet contemplation there is also meditation. I have no doubt this can aid psychological wellbeing which in turn helps the physical harmony. However, other more worldly factors come into play. Such as healthy lifestyle minimising or abstaining from certain known "toxins."?
I believe in the power of personal positive thought, but not in a deity as a "channel" for this..

You may find this thread interesting...? https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/dan-darkes-type-1-diabetes-reversal.153777/
Thanks that thread is very interesting :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My dad (a Vicar) has been praying for me to be cured of my T1 every day for two decades. Guess I’m just not worthy... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: donnellysdogs

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tagging @Jaylee here she might know.

Hi Alphabeta. I stopped being mistaken for a girl when. Hit 20.. Lee is my second name & the "Jay" is a nickname I aquired from my mates over the years, which I detested on accounts it made me sound like a car thief..?
Lol, I'm at ease with it now.. I've only ever broken into 3 vehicles. My own when I locked my self out. My wife's keyless entry vehicle when the battery ran flat. In order to get the bonnet up. And a car club member's at a meet when his dog locked him out...
I put a link to the Dan Darks thread in post #19. ;)

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Alphabeta. I stopped being mistaken for a girl when. Hit 20.. Lee is my second name & the "Jay" is a nickname I aquired from my mates over the years, which I detested on accounts it made me sound like a car thief..?
Lol, I'm at ease with it now.. I've only ever broken into 3 vehicles. My own when I locked my self out. My wife's keyless entry vehicle when the battery ran flat. In order to get the bonnet up. And a car club member's at a meet when his dog locked him out...
Oh hahahaha all those months and i thought you are a she

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh hahahaha all those months and i thought you are a she

I'm a reasonably accomplished horse rider.. In the past I have been harassed by a van load of builders whilst out for a hack...
They soon sped off when I spoke. ;)

Reactions: alphabeta

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My husband is called Jay...

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Naomi_Ruth ,

I would never disparidge your personal accomplishment.

I have seen (witnessed.) first hand group prayer for an indevidual with a medical affliction. (His eye.) It only served to bolster the dark ego of the indevidual leading the "exercise" (an authorative adult.) with no medical background what so ever. & dupe the child (yes, we were all children in an RE, religious education class back in 1979.) into the assumption he was cured.

Are you familiar with the Hans Christian Andersen story, "the Emporor's new clothes?"

I can't help you with your faith.. But I can suggest you keep a close eye on your health. In particular your BGs & keep the insulin upto date & handy in the fridge..

Kind regards.

J>

Naomi_Ruth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@Naomi_Ruth ,

I would never disparidge your personal accomplishment.

I have seen (witnessed.) first hand group prayer for an indevidual with a medical affliction. (His eye.) It only served to bolster the dark ego of the indevidual leading the "exercise" (an authorative adult.) with no medical background what so ever. & dupe the child (yes, we were all children in an RE, religious education class back in 1979.) into the assumption he was cured.

Are you familiar with the Hans Christian Andersen story, "the Emporor's new clothes?"

I can't help you with your faith.. But I can suggest you keep a close eye on your health. In particular your BGs & keep the insulin upto date & handy in the fridge..

Kind regards.

J>
Thank you but it's nothing of my personal accomplishment. I'm a witness that there is a real God with real healing. My healing is my own personal revelation, not anything any leader tried to push on me. But don't worry, I will make sure to take care of myself the best I can :)

Last edited:

Naomi_Ruth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My dad (a Vicar) has been praying for me to be cured of my T1 every day for two decades. Guess I’m just not worthy...
No, don't ever let yourself think you're not worthy... you are as worthy as me or any other believer!

• Agree
Reactions: JAT1

Joyfuljoy83

Thank you but it's nothing of my personal accomplishment. I'm a witness that there is a real God with real healing. My healing is my own personal revelation, not anything any leader tried to push on me. But don't worry, I will make sure to take care of myself the best I can :)

I believe in miracles.
Science is limited as we all know but when God's hand heals medicine has no explanation!

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkMunday

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
... Lately, it seems that if I have good numbers for at least a few hours of each day, they keep dropping so that I need less insulin than before to keep them good overall. ...
Maybe it never was T1 diabetes. Doctors often jump to the T1 conclusion with kids. Was the initial diagnosis confirmed with antibody tests? Probably not, because of age. Going low after eating sounds like reactive hypoglycemia. Have you been checked out for MODY? Insulinoma is another possibility.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe it never was T1 diabetes. Doctors often jump to the T1 conclusion with kids. Was the initial diagnosis confirmed with antibody tests? Probably not, because of age. Going low after eating sounds like reactive hypoglycemia. Have you been checked out for MODY? Insulinoma is another possibility.

Naomi was last seen and posted over 2 years ago, so it's likely things will be clearer by now