Health changes since low-carbing

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's been several months now since I started low-carbing.
I wanted to share these changes with you, and invite you to share any you have noticed.

1.Lower BS levels (rather obvious)
2. My feet/socks no longer 'smell.' (see below)
3. I'm less tired. (see below)
4. One aspect of my male attributes has improved (that's already too much information :shock: ...
5. ... and the occasional redness has gone.
6. I've been noticing possible (since marginal) improvements in my eyesight. My next eye test will confirm this.
7. My gums are healthier.
8. I'm a stone lighter, now upper 13 stone and not upper 14 stone, and now 34 inch waist for the first time in a long time.

Re : 2
When I was a teenager, I had the smelliest feet imaginable. Our dog at the time used to love licking them, for whatever reason. Throughout my life (I'm now 60) my feet/socks have always been at risk of 'whiffing.' I suspect, though I'm not about to try, that I could wear the same socks all week.
When I take off my socks at night, I always smell them (again, possibly too much information), because it's so nice they no longer offer offence to any bystander :lol:

Re : 3
I now have confirmed thyroid antibodies, and feel I've had subclinical hypothroidism for several years.
One GP, several years ago, said I was simply getting old. I knew then that was rubbish.
My current GP does nothing, since my thyroid results are 'normal.'
I feel tired all the time, but I know this is a different tiredness to what I used to experience. Coming home from work, and falling asleep in a chair. If I had a magic wand to make either diabetes or thyroid disappear, it would be the thyroid.

Geoff (thanking diabetes for this kick up the ****)

SweetHeart

One thing I can add to the above; snoring......or lack of!

MH was a terrible snorer.....now I hardly hear him. Bliss. Not that I ever snored myself....of course not....but maybe, if I ever did, that has stopped too. MH is far too polite to say...!

Also, I don't have indigestion or trapped wind, my skin is clear after years & years of facial acne breakouts. I have fewer wrinkles, no bags under my eyes.

I wanted to add that I have more energy, but this could also be due to finally getting my anaemia and thyroid under control. The blanket 'normal' term used by the NHS prevented proper control from being achieved for more than 15 years. In the end I had to keep increasing my thyroid med dosage myself to get the GPs to agree.

My weight is at 9st 4lbs +- 2 - 3lbs. I'm a size 10 for the first time in many, many years and this has boosted my self esteem big time :D

Ju