Healthy living

johnbear2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
conservative polititicians
As a type 1 diabetic I am all for healthy eating,but never buy tesco healthy living meals,they are tasteless,watery and overpriced.they must have forgotten people have taste buds

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Well the healthiest living doesnt come in plastic, its not processed.. so personally I would never eat anything like that anyway.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I call it orange food in orange boxes. Overpriced pap!

Reactions: Crystalwand

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I have just finished viewing Prof. Robert Lustig's presentation called 'The Bitter Truth'. The full lecture is an hour and a half but there is a condensed version of about thirty minutes.
The prof is lecturing on fructose and especially High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS). In North America this stuff is in everything but especially in processed foods, foods aimed at babies (baby milk powder), aimed at kids and aimed at young adults. It is also used in, guess what?, 'Healthy Meals' including those foods marketed as weight loss aids.
So, not only is it tasteless, watery pap that is more expensive by comparison but it is extremely cheap to manufacture. Imagine this, the CEO of a food manufacturer eating his own product. You would never see this in reality because they know what goes into this rubbish.