Heart failure

Richard F

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just another unexpected complication, 65 y/o 45 yrs T1, generally good control, much better now than early days with latest developments.

Feeling ropey and breathless since a covid bout last August, pestering GP. Eventual heart failure diagnosis and refferal to cardio clinic. 27% ejectection function from left ventricle.

As if managing the condition isn't tough enough.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you haven't been referred to a heart failure nurse, and don't see one at the cardio clinic, ask for a referral, as the one a family member had was absolutely fantastic. So knowledgeable and helpful, and a link between all other services.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just another unexpected complication, 65 y/o 45 yrs T1, generally good control, much better now than early days with latest developments.

Feeling ropey and breathless since a covid bout last August, pestering GP. Eventual heart failure diagnosis and refferal to cardio clinic. 27% ejectection function from left ventricle.

As if managing the condition isn't tough enough.
They aren't necessarily linked, might just be bad luck (or covid related). And you've proved you can manage one condition (and for 45 years, amazing!) So am sure you'll manage 2
Good luck and keep us posted

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
I feel your pain @Richard F and being in my 50th year of type 1 i have developed other conditions but not as serious as yours sounds.
I too am better controlled now thanks to the libre and also the 4mm needles nobody seems to mention.
I recall being a child and shoving a harpoon in my leg whereas now just screw it on the pen whip the cap off and off i go without feeling a thing......marvellous.

I wish you well

Tony

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Sorry to hear that @Richard F - my step dad lived with it for many years, sadly he wasn't very well supported and his came after a stroke in surgery so it was a shock for him to learn about it when he came round from surgery. Hope support comes soon as with any condition it's vital to get support in whatever shape or form.

Best wishes Juicy x