Heat and attitude

sarah1282

Hello. Since its got really hot ive had to reduce my insulin but what's really bothering me is my attitude. Since its become hot im so angry all the time and I can't control my temper. I was diagnosed type 1 in February so this is all new to me. Has anyone else found they r short tempered in the heat as ive never been like this before and im wondering if its the insulin. Im on Nova rapid and lantus

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
sarah1282 said:
Hello. Since its got really hot ive had to reduce my insulin but what's really bothering me is my attitude. Since its become hot im so angry all the time and I can't control my temper. I was diagnosed type 1 in February so this is all new to me. Has anyone else found they r short tempered in the heat as ive never been like this before and im wondering if its the insulin. Im on Nova rapid and lantus

Long hot spells are when riots happen in streets and jails so your not alone.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I see there are lots of posts regarding heat, I don't know if it's where I live or just me but I certainly don't think its hot! The weekend was hot and maybe 1 or 2 days have been. I think today has been cold I've had a fleece on most of the day!

lottie3

Hi there Sarah
I think there is a link when your sugars are hi to becoming aggressive. I am certainly experiencing this at the moment and generally feeling really poorly. I am also on Nova rapid and lantus; diagnosed in Feb but in 2006!! Bear with it and explain to friends/family or just go into a dark cool room on your own!! Dont advice a fleece!!!

Keep your chin up

Elc1112

I seem to have a short temper when it's too hot, too cold, too wet, too windy...

Seriously though, I really struggle with the heat. My insulin requirements change as it gets hotter, I tend to eat less too. My sugars can be a little more volatile than usual, at least for the first few days of heat. This makes me grumpy anyway. The fact that it is so hot means that I don't sleep as well, I struggle to get comfortable etc. none if which help the bad mood!

I find thugs improve after a few days, once my body has adjusted to the heat. By then, the hot weather normally disappears so I am back to square one ! ;)

Em

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm (even more of) an ******* when it's hot. :(

Muir

I usually get either hyperactive or downright evil when BS is low. Of course if its too high I get cranky as well but nothing like when it gets low..were talking ready-to-snap-someone-in-half evil :oops:

Once I get it up to a normal level I usually cant even see what i was so **** mad about, if anything. Its just how it controls my psyche - scary stuff for sure.