mezzanine

Hey everyone!
Type 2 diabetic for the past 7 years (currently 22). Doctor has got me started on Empagliflozin as of today, and I'm already have absolutely horrendous side effects. I can't stop weeing, and I'm constipated because any water I'm drinking is clearly just being filtered straight out. My doctor is super unhelpful so was hoping maybe someone here could help?

Essentially, should I be testing myself at random parts of the day? I tested myself just now two hours after I had some Medication and it seems to be a pretty decent level (8.1 mmol), but I wasn't sure what my level should be generally. The last time I ate was around 4/ hours ago so I guess this would maybe count as fasting?

Also, I'm really struggling with the idea of cutting out sugar. I've got such bad cravings. Does anyone have any healthy alternatives?

Also - does anyone have any advice on how to cope with Empagliflozin? This constant urination thing isn't going to be very real life compatible...

I hope everyone is staying safe out there! :)

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry - you have been type two for seven years and your GP has given you medication but never explained what the problem is?
Your description of super unhelpful seems a tad understated.
Do you have any idea of what your blood glucose levels are, on average, or your Hba1c?
All the time that you are eating starches and sugars you are not coping with the diabetes - can you give us some idea of what you are eating on a typical day?

Reactions: Grant_Vicat