hello all!! just testing the water

samnorris

hello everybody, my name is sam. I am 20 years old and i am an undergraduate student studying human psychology at demontfort university in Leicester. I am not a diabetic but my girlfriend is, this is where my interest in the area stems from.
I am starting work on my dissertation, for those who don't know this that is my final year report, which is 10 000 words and will be published (if good enough :wink: )
The research area i want to try and study is whether age of diagnosis and upbringing effect attitudes in type 1 diabetics. This will consist of a roughly twenty minuite interview. This will be kept confidential with only me the researcher and my guidance tutor being able to view your responses.
So in short, i am looking to interview type 1 diabetics!! preferably in and around Leicester and also perhaps on the phone. In order to get this research approved i need to find a large enough sample, so let me know guys!! Thank you very much, sorry for the rather heavy introduction! Have a nice day!!
sam

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Sam,and welcome to the forum.I will leave your two posts just now but merge them once you have had some answers,probably move it to type 1 forum.I'm sure you will get some replies once some type 1 members log in.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Sam, I'm sure age does make a very big difference. As someone who developed type 1 when already a grandmother, I had already gone through most of difficult age stages and certainly have no peer group pressure. I was only thankful that my weight loss was not due to cancer.
Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near Leicester, but good luck with your research.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya sam,
welcome and im sorry im not near you too, but im willing to do it over the phone :D

KimSuzanne

Hi Sam

I'm 26 diagnosed at 7 years old, I'm in Nuneaton one day a week for college I'd be more than happy to help!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Oops - Sorry, wrong forum. I appear to have stumbled on a dating site :lol: :lol:

nessa-lou

Dislikes
my injections
i am 18, type 1 diabetic, live near lancashire. and i have had diabetes for 5years i found out just before i was 14 years old. if you need my help i am very willing

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Sam

I think your girlfriend is very lucky to have you! Clearly I'm nowhere near your vicinity, but would be happy to contribute to your study via phone.

I was 14 when first diagnosed, possibly the worst age to be told "do this do that stand up sit down no not like that like this eat this test etc". I now work on a voluntary basis with newly-diagnosed teens, attempting to get them to understand the importance of good control for long-term health. Am I mad? Wouldn't be my first accusation of same...

nessa-lou

Dislikes
my injections
i think its great what your doing 'kegstore' as being diagnosed at 13 going on 14 it was the hardest time of my life, five years later and there little help! i should be an expert by now! but clearly not!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Just a gentle reminder to all about being careful how much personal information you give out about yourself to other members.Please keep safe on the internet.

Sugarless Sue ..Senior Moderator.