Hello All - (New Member)

Lindy01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I am 29 years old and have had Type One diabetes since the age of 10. After 19 years I thought it was about time I joined the site.

I have always tried to never let my diabetes get in the way and have been doing Lindy Hop Dancing and Tap Dancing for the last 3 years and take part in 1940s and vintage events during the year. This has been a great learning curve for me as it has made me understand how to manage it during long periods of exercise.

I would like to say to all new and existing members to please feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Look forward to reading everyones posts/threads on the forum soon.

Lee

Reactions: Prem51 and Snapsy

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Lindy01 . Welcome to the site.
1940's and vintage events? Would that include the WW2 weekend at the Great Central Railway?

Lindy01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Lindy01 . Welcome to the site.
1940's and vintage events? Would that include the WW2 weekend at the Great Central Railway?

@therower

Thank you. Yes our lindy hop group attends vintage fairs and 1940s events in kent to display the dancing we do. It's great fun and the music is excellent if you like the war time or 50s look.

Unfortunately not, being kent based we attend events such as salute to the forties in Chatham and any other local ones that come up such as vintage fairs.

Lindy01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Lindy01 - welcome!

Loving the sound of Lindy Hop dancing!

:)

@Snapsy

Lindy hop dancing is amazing and I would not give it up. It's nice to dance something from the 1940s as the moves involve Charleston and Lindy combined. If your interested in the look of it I recommend you give it a go and look up local classes on Google/Internet.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Two left feet and no sense of rhythm I'm afraid - but definitely something I'd stop to watch at a 1940s event!

:)

Reactions: Prem51