Hello And Advice

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
first of all quit eating weetabix it’s not helpful for any human walking.
I totally agree, but oh, I did love it. Way back when I used to eat it covered in soft brown sugar and drenched in top of the milk (that dates me!) What a recipe for disaster, but also a delicious memory.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lower carbs to 20% and reduce the meds by seeing the doc.
Since Metformin is an unusually benign med, I would say, reduce your bg and when that is as low as you want it to be, then maybe consider reducing the Metformin.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also thought oats were ok as they are slow release carb...should we not be having oats?
Also, you say to have high fat yogurt but I can't find any that are under 5 grams of sugar per 100g so I've gone with danone low fat and no added sugar. Is there a certain brand of yoghurt you recommend?
As everyone is different the best way to see if oats are ok for you is to test them - I used to eat them and they had little effect on my BS however I now find it more convenient to have Greek yoghurt and berries for breakfast.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Apologies for a belated post. I wonder whether the urine infection which was treated with ? nitrofuratoin is causing your rise in BSL. ? Perhaps the infection is still there !!