1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hello everybody

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by nathanJP, Dec 26, 2019.

1. nathanJP

nathanJP · Newbie

Hi guys!
    I'm Nathan, new to this community, living with type 1 diabetes since 2014. I have been venting about my condition through blogging, thought that it would be great to try out some support groups too. Looking forward to meeting you guys!
    cheers,
    N

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ziggy_w

ziggy_w Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, @nathanJP.

Lots of friendly and knowledgeable members here, sure some of the T1s will be here shortly to welcome you.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Grant_Vicat

Grant_Vicat Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Hi @nathanJP and welcome to an incredibly helpful forum. Just about anything can be found here, minus the expletives! As @ziggy_w says, there are many Type 1s on here (and even ex Type1s!) who have an encyclopedia's worth of experience between us. Some go back to over 60 years ago, when it was glass syringes and urine testing, and many are starting out with the latest gadgetry. All have experienced hypos and all the other things that are likely to cause venting. Feel free to vent away and to ask any questions you like. Keep well!

4. VashtiB

VashtiB Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi and welcome,

I'm a type 2 but this site is full of people of all different types and is full of help and support. You are welcome to vent here as much as you need to. I'm sure with your years of experience you will be able to help those more recently diagnosed.

Hello and welcome

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Pirate Twins

The Pirate Twins Type 1 · BANNED

Hello from another T1 and also new to the forum.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook