Hello everyone - Type 2 with insulin

Upsadaisy60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all. I'm a new member as of today, though not a newly diagnosed diabetic. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about ten years ago and have moved through treat that started with just one oral medication and adding various meds along the way. I have been on insulin for about 7 years now and I still don't have good control. Sigh. I've turned over a new leaf after seeing the doctor yesterday and hope these forums will help.

Reactions: 2 people

satkins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Welcome to the forums. I have found that coming here daily has really helped me get and keep control. The recipe section gives me great ideas for what to eat. If I skip a few days i find what i eat slips back to the old diet. Good luck in your quest. We are all here to help and listen.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Cragwood

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all. I'm a new member as of today, though not a newly diagnosed diabetic. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about ten years ago and have moved through treat that started with just one oral medication and adding various meds along the way. I have been on insulin for about 7 years now and I still don't have good control. Sigh. I've turned over a new leaf after seeing the doctor yesterday and hope these forums will help.
Hi and welcome. I'm a newish member here too, it's a good friendly place :)

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
welcome @Upsadaisy60 :) I was the same as you when I joined this forum... new to the forum but not new to diabetes. I've been on insulin since beginning of 2010. I'm on apidra for bolus and lantus for basal.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance

Hiya. Welcome. I have found the site to be really helpful, informative and- best to fall - encouraging. Any question I post gets a response (usually that day). Do ask whatever or just open up to let off steam. This is a pretty supportive wee (or not so wee) community. I wonder what your blood sugar levels are, and whether you have managed to cut down on carbohydrates yet. Are you eating to a meter..so to speak? You will get lots of advice here (some of it even worth hearing!) :) Good luck.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Upsadaisy60 - Hello and Welcome to the Forum.:). I have been Type 2 for 16 years and began using Humulin i (long acting Insulin) 2 years ago, and I take 2000mg Metformin everyday.