Hello Everyone Type1.

yorkshire92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

My name is vikki I am 24 years old and have type 1 diabetes, diabetic neuopathy, hypo unawereness and depression.
I have always had high blood sugars I am on two injections a day with a mixture of tablets.

Lately I have been unable to sleep due to the neuopathy pain has anyone got any advice on how I can ease the pain?

Thanks

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you always have high blood sugars, how is it you wind up hypo unaware? The advice I've been given is run higher to regain hypo awareness.

Are you currently on any analgesia for the neuropathy?

Getting blood sugars in range can help with complications and might ease the symptoms.

What insulin is it you are taking? Any reason you are on mixed insulin rather than a basal/bolus regime?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Vikki and welcome :)

I have always had high blood sugars I am on two injections a day with a mixture of tablets.

Have you ever tried a basal/bolus insulin regime instead of twice daily injections? As your diabetes is uncontrolled, have hypo unawareness and have neuropathy issues you should also be eligible for a insulin pump, perhaps you should discuss this with your diabetes team.

Lately I have been unable to sleep due to the neuopathy pain has anyone got any advice on how I can ease the pain?

Not sure, but probably best to ask your gp and see if there's any meds (or stronger meds) that may help ease the discomfort.

yorkshire92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi this is something I am going to ask my diabetes nurse I have also made an appointment for tomorrow with my gp as I had to sleep with my duvet off last night as the pains was very bad. Thank you xx

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi this is something I am going to ask my diabetes nurse I have also made an appointment for tomorrow with my gp as I had to sleep with my duvet off last night as the pains was very bad. Thank you xx

Good luck Vikki, keep the thread updated on your progress.

yorkshire92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just to add I have recently been told about this hypo unawereness as I have been passing out with lows and not feeling them. My HBA1C has always been 98 to 102 which was my reading as of last Monday. I am seeing my doctors this afternoon so will update you all.

Thank you

Merry Christmas

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.

yorkshire92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone quick update I have seen my doctor today and have been told I have no sensitive in my feet. I am now on duloxetine and have to go back in a month times.