Hello Everyone

Edwina123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Failures
My name is Edwin and its great to be here. I hope to learn a lot from here and to help improve my condition.

My fasting blood check this morning was 15 mmol. i need tips to help me get this under control. i try not to eat carbs and i do physical activities.

Last edited:
Reactions: KK123

jwilki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi you will find loads of info and help here. Have a good look through the forum threads they are very informative.

Reactions: Edwina123

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My name is Edwin and its great to be here. I hope to learn a lot from here and to help improve my condition.

My fasting blood check this morning was 15 mmol. i need tips to help me get this under control. i try not to eat carbs and i do physical activities.
Hello @Edwina123 ,

Welcome to the madhouse. :) Can you tell us more about yourself? Maybe complete your profile? It'd help us give you more decent answers. The things we'd like to know: What type are you, (treatment is vastly different between types) what medication are you on, if any (not just for the diabetes, as medication for other conditions influence blood sugars too), and what do your usual days look like, when it comes to meals? That gives us a point to start from.

If you're a T2, this might help: https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html as well as dietdoctor.com and this place's website, diabetes.co.uk (not .org!). You might also want to read Dr. Jason Fung's The Diabetes Code. But again, that's all assuming you're a T2.

Again, welcome, and I hope we can help!
Jo

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome,

It would be helpful to share a bit more about yourself- we are really not a scary bunch. This is a group of extraordinarily generous people who are always ready with a listening ear and some advice.

Maybe it would be helpful if you give details of your normal diet- people may be able to provide some guidance.

Welcome.

Edwina123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Failures
Thank you JoKalsbeek for your detailed response. I am 39yrs old male from Nigeria. I was diagnosed with T2 in 2018. I lost weight and now I am 80kg. I was put on medications for 6 months. After which I went off and started with just dieting. I cut out all processed foods and carbs from my diet. I have been on a high protein diet of mainly beef, fish and poultry. I am a web developer and I love listening to classical music. I did an A1c test in Sept 2019 and the result was 15%, was placed on insulin to bring the sugar level down. it dropped to 8mmol. but now it's gone up again to 17mmol at night.

I will check the links you posted. Thank you very much.

Edwina123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Failures
Thank you for your response. I am glad to be here. My normal diet is basically a high protein, beef, fish, eggs, vegetables. although I think I might need a dietician to assist me in determining the exact diet set.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it sounds like your diet might be pretty low carb- you need to be careful as some vegetables have more carbs than one might think.:( You should also make sure you don't use vegetable oil but maybe avocado oil or olive oil.

Also things like illness and stress can play a part as well.

Good luck

Reactions: Edwina123