Hello Everyone

ZanR7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All i'm very new to the forum i was diagnosed with type 2 in the last few days i'm very lost with it all and what to do, what to eat, and so on so i hope i can learn a few things from you all look forward to chatting to some of you

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @ZanR7 and welcome to the forum

It can definitely be a confusing time when first diagnosed, but the good news is you’re in the right place for advice and support.

As a starting point, have a read of this link: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.17088/

In terms of what to eat, many of us have managed to control our diabetes by reducing the amount I’d carbohydrates we eat. There is some information about this in the link above, but also have a look at the dietdoctor.com website for recipes and meal plans.

And please do ask as many questions as you like.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All i'm very new to the forum i was diagnosed with type 2 in the last few days i'm very lost with it all and what to do, what to eat, and so on so i hope i can learn a few things from you all look forward to chatting to some of you
Hi @ZanR7 ,

Those first days/weeks after diagnosis are the hardest, but rest assured: It does get better and much less overwhelming with a little time. There's lots to learn, and this isn't exactly an optimal time to take it all in; a diagnosis can be very traumatic and that messes with concentration, for one thing. So take it easy, and take notes. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html <-- that's basically my own quick-start version, just a place to begin, you know? Everything else, personal tweaking and whatnot, can follow after. The first time you'll do groceries since diagnosis is very "AaaAAaaArgh!", usually, so that little bit of info should help with that.

Breathe. It does get better.
Hugs,
Jo

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome!

you’ve already had great info above, so all I will say is that it DOES get easier. Diagnosis makes for a steep learning curve and some worrying research, but things settle, and if you make the appropriate changes you will probably start feeling better than you have for years.