drb2252

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Politics.
Hellooo :)

I’ve been coming to these fora for a while now and always been impressed with the advice and support I’ve seen. So I’ve taken the plunge and registered.

I’m not a newcomer to the world of diabetes, being diagnosed with type 1 in my late teens. At the start I found controlling my blood glucose easy but now it seems the more I try the harder it gets. :(

I hope I can help others with my experiences down the years and yes, selfishly I hope to get a little help myself.

DRB.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @drb2252 and welcome to the forum. It's great that you have liked the forum and have joined up.
I'm T2 so I don't know much about T1. But there are many T1s on here, and I'm sure the T1 newbies especially will benefit from your experience and input.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @drb2252, glad you decided to join us, welcome on board. Seems you've already discovered the great help that can be found here, both for newbies and old-hands; different experiences and perspectives are always welcome & useful for everybody. Look for ward to seeing you around :)

drb2252

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Politics.
Hey Salvia. I hope you don’t mind me removing the quote of your post.

I’ll try and check in as regularly as possible.

Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

DRB.

Reactions: Prem51

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hellooo :)

I’ve been coming to these fora for a while now and always been impressed with the advice and support I’ve seen. So I’ve taken the plunge and registered.

I’m not a newcomer to the world of diabetes, being diagnosed with type 1 in my late teens. At the start I found controlling my blood glucose easy but now it seems the more I try the harder it gets. :(

I hope I can help others with my experiences down the years and yes, selfishly I hope to get a little help myself.

DRB.
It's magic that you've joined. Everyone is so kind, supportive and fun. There's a lot of give and take

Reactions: drb2252 and Prem51

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @drb2252 and welcome to the forum :)

What parts are you struggling with ? I am no spring chicken any more and diagnosed late at 38 but I try my best every day and that’s all I can do :)

Reactions: drb2252

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @drb2252 . Welcome to the forum.
I'm intrigued as to what constitutes not being a " spring chicken? " :):):)
Sometimes less is more. I find that it can be all consuming trying to get or keep a control on things and the harder I try the more control I lose and frustration sets in.
I often find taking my foot off the accelerator of life and just cruising for a while solves a lot of problems.
I'm sure you'll be a great asset to us.
Keep posting.

Reactions: drb2252

drb2252

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Politics.
:) Well thank you all and I hope I can become an active member of the forum/community. And @therower I’m about to hit the big 5-0:arghh:

I feel totally stupid at my age and still struggling to keep my BG’s under control.

I’m going to a meet about getting a pump soon. I know it’s not a panacea but just seems to be more closely mimicking the function of a working pancreas. But I suppose that may upset some. My life is stressful and I’m willing to try anything at this point :)

Thanks all.

DRB.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@drb2252 . Waved goodbye to the big 50 a few years back.
There's nothing stupid about age, diabetes and honesty. They are all things to be proud of.
Stress is probably the biggest factor with your struggles at the moment, get that sorted and diabetes will be like it was in your less stressful teens hopefully.:)

drb2252

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Politics.
I hope my mistakes will be of help to others. My diabetes team are excellent. But maybe it is the stress that’s messing with my readings. I’m in no way playing the “carer “ card but the stress is unlikely to reduce any time soon. So something else will have to change I suppose ;)

Best wishes.
DRB.