Hello from a reformed diabetic!

icarusman

Hello everyone!

Just a quick introduction. I've been denying diabetes for about 18 years, and have finally admitted to myself that I am diabetic about a year ago. In this past year I have been working especially hard to regain some control. I have attended a structured education course, so am now using insulin to carb ratios and correction doses. Recently I have been struggling with the amount of time and attention it's taking, and the lack of results. In the past 6 months I have seen a slight improvement in my HBA1c, which is now 7.9. Still, most days I am getting BS in double figures.

I am now waiting to see a consultant about pump therapy. I am very keen to try using a pump as I have heard very positive accounts from a couple of chaps I spoke to recently. I have made a post asking for advice on applying for a pump here:
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6576

For a long time I have felt quite alone in being diabetic. There really isn't anyone I can sound off to, which is why I find myself here. Since attending the course at my local hospital, I have discovered the benefit of sharing experiences and expertise.

Again, hello. And thanks for having me.

C

catherinecherub

Welcome aboard icarusman,
Things can only get better from now on.
Regards, Catherine.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya and welcome to the forum :D

icarusman

Thanks! I'm ever so pleased that I stumbled across this site. I hope that I can share some of my experience to help out others.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Hope we can help. Meanwhile, don't fly too near the sun :lol:

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I've just become a member and I am a reformed diabetic too. Only I was in denial for 25 years and it took a stroke to make me sort out my life, but stick with it and you do eventually get the results that you want.

Good luck in finding the info you want.

Kingfisher3939