Hello... help please?

Adeewhitt1970

Hello folks,

just been informed my levels are up to 84, this about the third time its happened, i know how to get it down with low carbing which i will do, but i have terrible anxiety too which isnt helping and i could do with some tips? :woot:

Thank you

Adrian.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello folks,

just been informed my levels are up to 84, this about the third time its happened, i know how to get it down with low carbing which i will do, but i have terrible anxiety too which isnt helping and i could do with some tips? :woot:

Thank you

Adrian.
Hi Adrian,
I'd say Anxiety is my middle name, but it's Antonia. Close enough though. ;) Your levels are up to 84? I'm assuming you mean your HbA1c. So far as tips go... Get into the low carbing pretty much now. Not something you will do "eventually", no time like the present. Because you know what? High blood sugar levels feed into depression, panic attacks and anxiety. If you get your numbers down, your anxiety should calm down some as well. Not saying it's a miracle cure, but it can ease things to a workable level some. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html <-- that's basically what I wish someone'd told me about diabetes and how to eat when I was first diagnosed. There is no quick fix that'll make your levels perfect today. But you can start today to get them to perfect, or near enough to it.

Aside from that, you want to maybe try these things:
Get a meter (always a good idea) so you know what your blood sugar levels are doing. Bit high? Go for a walk. In lock-down? Pace around the house. Just exercise a little without it getting too strenuous, because that can up your levels rather than bring them down.
Maybe check Holland & Barrett for CBD oil. I hadn't needed mine for quite a while until Corona struck, and sleepless nights came with it, but it's an excellent way to take the edge off a little and get enough restful sleep. It's a cannabis-based oil, but it won't make you high; those components are out. (Might want to be careful though if you're on antidepressants and the like).

That's all I've got for now, but it's a start.
Good luck!
Jo

Reactions: Adeewhitt1970

Adeewhitt1970

Hi Jo!

Thanks for the great response!

i have tried CBD oil and initially it was great for anxiety, i think i ended up doing more than i should and felt ropey, maybe just one drop a day???

again thanks for the reply :)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Jo!

Thanks for the great response!

i have tried CBD oil and initially it was great for anxiety, i think i ended up doing more than i should and felt ropey, maybe just one drop a day???

again thanks for the reply :)
Everything in moderation... ;) I do about 5 drops a day now, before bed, rather than the max of 15 (for the 2,75% type of oil). Otherwise I'd never quite wake up. :)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cos im on blood pressure meds, im thinkin it may have had something to do with that...
It could. If you feel it may be unsafe, don't use it.

Still, low carb should affect you in a good way. A few years ago when i was an undiagnosed diabetic with insane blood sugars, I never left the flat on my own. And before the Corona hit the fan, I had started walking to the GP, hospital and dentist on my own, which was nothing short of a break-through. Not to mention finally, finally agreeing to see a physical therapist for my shoulder. I still had panic attacks walking there, but I did leave the house and got back home perfectly fine every time. That's nothing short of a miracle. So things can improve.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, thats great, sounds like agoraphobia, i have shades of that myself ... some days better than others.
Doesn't just sound like it, it is. ;) (Plus social and generalised anxiety disorder, and a bunch of other things. ;) ) Seriously... I'll never be an actual functioning human being, but I'm closer to it than I used to be. Blood sugar control helped beyond measure. It might not seem like it to the casual observer, but my mind's not crushing me like it used to. Big win right there.