hello..I am new - sorry if this is long

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello

I am glad that I found this forum in the last few days. I am 33 years old and I have been a T2 diabetic since 2005. You would think that by now I would have sorted myself out and got my weight and BS in check.

In 2009 I was given Byetta. During 2009 with the Byetta and proper control of food I lost about 35lbs and my HBA1C got down to 5.8. I was very pleased and promised myself that I will never get back to old habits. But it was not meant to be. Slowly I have put about 14lbs again.... February 2011 my HBA1C was up to 7.2.

In June 2011 I quit smoking and have not smoked since. Unfortunately I have changed one habit for another. Since I have got addicted to food and carbs in particular and I have put on another 20lbs. And I feel I cannot quit. I have no idea what my HBA1C is. I have not tested in months and I know my control is very bad. My body feels tired now and in the last year and a half I have had quite a few things going bad physically.

So now I have had enough. I am trying not to feel too guilty about putting all the weight back on. I am afraid that I wont manage to lose it but I am encouraged by reading posts from people who lost weight through low carbing.

I do now know if I can live on like 25g or 35g of carbs but I am going to try to control my food. So today I started a food diary and I am hoping to find the courage to test my BS in the next few days.

Thanks for reading my rant!

Take Care
Claymic :)

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
claymic said:
So now I have had enough. I am trying not to feel too guilty about putting all the weight back on. I am afraid that I wont manage to lose it but I am encouraged by reading posts from people who lost weight through low carbing.

I do now know if I can live on like 25g or 35g of carbs but I am going to try to control my food. So today I started a food diary and I am hoping to find the courage to test my BS in the next few days.

Welcome claymic

You probably don't have to drop down as far as 30g a day of carbs. Lots of people on the forum maintain good control eating a fair bit more than that.

Why don't you aim for 100g, say, and see how that works out. You'd be in a much better place than you are now and you'd probably lose some weight in the process.

You need to do something claymic, but don't worry, you'll get plenty of support here.

Stephen

weeezer

hi!

welcome to this lovely, supportive & knowledgable forum. i'm new too and love all the info & support on here. although i'm t1, i have only just realised that i could use a low carb diet too...intend to trawl thru forum and see what people are eating & how they keep it interesting (i loves me bread, could live on toast! can't imagine a bread free world, but am sure there are lots of better options, low GI bread for starters!?).

don't beat yourself up...you gave up smoking, well done! can see how you'd pile a few pounds on adjusting to a nicotine free life. but now you are used to being fag free, you can concentrate on your eating habits! the very fact you've joined this forum says you are thinking positively and want to change things. you lost weight before, you can do it again. you know you'll feel better for it. i put on 5 stone during my pregnancy in 2009, i lost half of that during last year, now need to lose the rest, just losing that bit made me feel a whole lot better physically.

get up tomorrow and test your blood...might encourage you! your BS will be the same whether you test it or not!!!! might as well do it & know where you are. as my lovely mum said to me once "tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life"! good luck

Camilla

Dislikes
Negative people with closed minds.
claymic said:
Hello

I am glad that I found this forum in the last few days. I am 33 years old and I have been a T2 diabetic since 2005. You would think that by now I would have sorted myself out and got my weight and BS in check.

In 2009 I was given Byetta. During 2009 with the Byetta and proper control of food I lost about 35lbs and my HBA1C got down to 5.8. I was very pleased and promised myself that I will never get back to old habits. But it was not meant to be. Slowly I have put about 14lbs again.... February 2011 my HBA1C was up to 7.2.

In June 2011 I quit smoking and have not smoked since. Unfortunately I have changed one habit for another. Since I have got addicted to food and carbs in particular and I have put on another 20lbs. And I feel I cannot quit. I have no idea what my HBA1C is. I have not tested in months and I know my control is very bad. My body feels tired now and in the last year and a half I have had quite a few things going bad physically.

Thanks for reading my rant!

Take Care
Claymic :)

Hi,

Forget about yesterday and the last few months. They are gone. Start now. Begin by making an appointment and a proper checkup with your doctor including getting an A1c done. Meanwhile immediately start eating protein foods and lots of green salads, low carb vegs and a little low carb fruit each day. Avoid all carbs for a week or two to cut the habit. Then introduce only the best nutritious carb foods back e.g. spinach, broccoli, strawberries. Take 30 minutes of exercise daily - perhaps only walking or a workout indoors that you can make up.

Don't try to aim for 30g or less, that is a very strict level which you could aim for later on if you need. Aim instead for 100g or less, it is much easier to stick to and had excellent benefits. On about 75g or less you will lose weight gradually.

We cannot do anything about the past, we can only control what we do today.

Camilla

Dislikes
Negative people with closed minds.
borofergie said:
claymic said:

Welcome claymic

You probably don't have to drop down as far as 30g a day of carbs. Lots of people on the forum maintain good control eating a fair bit more than that.

Why don't you aim for 100g, say, and see how that works out. You'd be in a much better place than you are now and you'd probably lose some weight in the process.

You need to do something claymic, but don't worry, you'll get plenty of support here.

Stephen

Great minds think alike eh! see my post!

lyn hathawy

hi claymic welcome to the site.im a newbie myself and just want you to know theres plenty of support on here and im sure this will help you into starting your new journey.forget about what you did before and start anew from today.agree with some other members make an appointment for a check up