Hello, I'm New and my FIRST visit to a Diabetic chatroom.

Stunning

Dislikes
The so-called Diabetic team at the hospital!!!
Hello,

My name is Dominic and I have had Type 1 since March 22, 1983. I am 34.

I'm in a bit of a mess at the moment so please forgive me. Lots of hypos requiring Ambulance calls, lots of illness (non-diabetic, but which has affected control), lots of depression and not much sleep!!

This has happened since 2005 and i have not really had much luck since. However, I have managed to keep my control to a "just-about-acceptable" level.

I was recommended to join a Diabetic chatroom and so here I am.

Thank you.

Dominic

Dr H

Dislikes
- People without manners
- Being interrogated about non-low-carbing
Nice to meet you Dominic.

I have absolutely no idea about hypos being a type II but I'm sure you'll find somebody here who can empathize and advise you.

Good luck,

H

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Dominic.
Welcome to the forum. Take a good look around, especially the Type 1 Diabetes area. When you are ready ask any questions you wish.

Hypo's are something that we can help with. There will be plenty of advice on how to try and avoid them from some of our more experienced T1's later.

Ken.

cyrryan

Hi all
I am new to this as I just discovered this site by chance.
I am a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic and have been for 22 years now. My control is poorly. Just recently I heard about the new Paradigm Veo system insulin pump.
Does anyone have experiences of the insulin pump and it's advantages or disadvantages?

Cyril

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Dominic, Hi Cyril,

I'm type 1 and used to be pretty much where you are now. Things are much, much better now and most of the improvements are down to gaining a better understanding of the effects of food and insulin.
Have a look around (you might find some of the threads at the top of the low carb forum very interesting) and take it from there.

All the best,

fergus

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
cyrryan said:
Hi all
I am new to this as I just discovered this site by chance.
I am a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic and have been for 22 years now. My control is poorly. Just recently I heard about the new Paradigm Veo system insulin pump.
Does anyone have experiences of the insulin pump and it's advantages or disadvantages?

Cyril

Hi Cyril.
Welcome to the forum.

Not sure how much you know about the new Paradigm Veo so here is a link to the Medtronic website with the information. Hope it's of use.
http://www.medtronic.co.uk/your-health/ ... /index.htm

Ken.

jas

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi my name is Jas,

I am new to this chat room. I tried contacting the diabetic forum before and I was told to contact my own kind.

I was diagnosed 4 years ago. Started on 1 matformin twice a day 2 years ago. I used to test everyday twice and kept a record of my food intake and how it affected my sugar levels.

I have just been for my 6 monthly check and was told by the nurse not to test anymore. She asked me " When you are testing and your sugar levels are low and hi, you can not really do anything, you are not on injections, so that you can inject yourself and change your sugar levels.

Every time I go to my GP, I have been given different advice, and thats confusing.

I try to eat on time and snack only on fruit.

Help

Jas

cugila

Master
Dislikes
jas said:
I have just been for my 6 monthly check and was told by the nurse not to test anymore. She asked me " When you are testing and your sugar levels are low and hi, you can not really do anything, you are not on injections, so that you can inject yourself and change your sugar levels.
Jas

Hi jas.

What your Nurse said is frankly rubbish ! What utter ill informed tripe. Typical of someone playing at Diabetes and not knowing much. :twisted:

Of course you can do something about your Bg levels when they are low and high. In the one instance you can eat something to put them back to normal and in the other, well, you can cut out the things which cause you to have high readings in the first place. You do not have to be on injections of any sort to take control of your Bg levels.

Ken.

jas

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks Ken,

I am trying to keep my BS levels in control. I have not had any hyper so far. I am going to try the low carb and see its going to make any difference to my BS.

Cheers

Jas