HEllo i'm tracey69

Tracey69

I have been a T1 diabetic for 36yrs this year on Insulin 4 injections aday. I have lost driving licience 18 months ago. I am now partially sighted, my left eye i can only see some things through a blurred vision and my periphal sight in the right eye is hopeless
When i was first diagnosed i had previously had mumps which they thought caused the onset.
When i was 10yrs old i was put in a diabetic children's home in Chiswick for a year.
I have not be what i would call a good diabetic, I often went against the diet which, but in the last three to four years i have got my diabetes under a better control.
As i have been through and learnt alot with having diabetes for so long i would love to work with adolesent diabetics, i would like to offer help to those who may be struggling.
The only think i have noticed by reading some of the younger diabetics that they are on pumps and that is something i would like to learn how this works and the reasons for the pump at such a young age.
So if their is any one that can help in either offering me some information on the pump or where you can do volunteering.
Thanks
Tracey69

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

There is a part of the forum specifically for insulin pumps, many parents of children, younger and older people post about all aspects of insulin pumps in there so if you have a good look around you'll see many posts that will be of good use, and if there's anything your not clear on on want to ask then just post in there and people will be happy to answer any questions or just talk about personal experience.

I think it's lovely that you would like to volunteer, unfortunately i'm not sure how you would go about that so maybe someone else can give you ideas.

Sounds like you could be of great help as you have a long history with diabetes :)

welcome to the forum :)