Hello Plant Based Food with Reactive Hypoglycemia in the UK

Hello there, I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in 2017 and was diagnosed with Reactive Hypoglycemia in 2022 but I'd been experiencing RH symptoms with hyperglycemic and hypoglycemic symptoms since 2017 I've not met anyone directly from the UK who also has Reactive Hypoglycemia. I've found some success with The Diabetes Method by Cyrus Khambatta PhD I bought the book and watched Educational podcasts on YouTube.. They'd found I was prediabetic and that's what caused the Reactive Hypoglycaemia. However I still have RH emergencies but I'm no longer prediabetic either. I'm not overweight infact I'm about a stone (14lbs) underweight. Is this common with Reactive Hypoglycemia I'm from Southern Eastern England Many Thanks in advance

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, and welcome to our forum.
Hello there, I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in 2017 and was diagnosed with Reactive Hypoglycemia in 2022 but I'd been experiencing RH symptoms with hyperglycemic and hypoglycemic symptoms since 2017 I've not met anyone directly from the UK who also has Reactive Hypoglycemia. I've found some success with The Diabetes Method by Cyrus Khambatta PhD I bought the book and watched Educational podcasts on YouTube.. They'd found I was prediabetic and that's what caused the Reactive Hypoglycaemia. However I still have RH emergencies but I'm no longer prediabetic either. I'm not overweight infact I'm about a stone (14lbs) underweight. Is this common with Reactive Hypoglycemia I'm from Southern Eastern England Many Thanks in advance
There is no reason why a vegan cannot control their RH.
I have salad every day. But I have meat with mine. Sorry, couldn't go vegan if they banned meat completely. That is mainly because, most vegan food tastes awful! (To me)
There is low carb vegan ideas and recipes on our vegan forum. You just have to find out which foods don't trigger the excess insulin to give you the hypos.
Yes I'm in the U.K., Up north! And I took part in trials with another RH person, our graphs from eOGTT were so similar, it was very interesting.
As with many metabolic conditions which includes RH, there are quite a few different aspects and variations and each of us has been on a different journey and the cause is usually different.
However, the treatment is straight forward. You are carb intolerant, similar to other intolerances, like lactose or sucrose. What it means that you should be very wary of eating. As usually it would make you ill with symptoms or very high blood glucose levels then hypo levels.
Weight has nothing to do with RH, it is all to do with your intolerance to carbs. And of course what you eat and drink.
If you read our forum, you will find quite a few with hypoglycaemia. And many that do control RH.
Keep asking, keep learning, the rarity and wrong treatment advice, the knowledge you need to be healthy.
Best wishes.