Hello to you all!

TrueBlueSUFC

Hello there I’m Scott I’m 35 and have been a type 2 diabetic since 2007, as a young type 2 back then I ignored my diabetes for 10 years and pretended it was not happening, I guess I was sick of being labelled and being told I can’t eat this or drink that. I use to weigh 25 stone now I’m 15 stone through trying to turn things around.

Thankfully now I am in control and have superb control of my levels, so much so I have come off metformin and insulin, I am medication free!

Quick question, can diet only controlled type 2s have low sugar hypos?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello there I’m Scott I’m 35 and have been a type 2 diabetic since 2007, as a young type 2 back then I ignored my diabetes for 10 years and pretended it was not happening, I guess I was sick of being labelled and being told I can’t eat this or drink that. I use to weigh 25 stone now I’m 15 stone through trying to turn things around.

Thankfully now I am in control and have superb control of my levels, so much so I have come off metformin and insulin, I am medication free!

Quick question, can diet only controlled type 2s have low sugar hypos?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I notice from your other post you use a Libre sensor. If you are getting reports of lows from a sensor?
When are you seeing these occurring??

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
This has happened late afternoon early evening, not often but was a worry. My other post explains more

Hi there, I take it you were a regular at Roots Hall.
Been to your ground a couple of times, had a good reception and so kind and obliging.. every thing was great except the game itself!

We have a football thread on the general off topic thread. Search football season 20/21.

I have one of those conditions that you can have Hypoglycaemic episodes, but I'm not diabetic. My last Hba1c was 37. What was your last Hba1c?

Keep safe