1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hello World!

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by msmachina, Aug 11, 2017.

1. msmachina

msmachina Prediabetes · Member

Hi everyone!
    sorry for the lame post title, but I've decided to learn the C++ programming language and so i thought it would be fun to make a reference

Im 28 years old and live in Chicago with my dog, Lolo

I was in data entry for a local law firm which is super boring honestly but i like the people that i work with and that makes it worth while.

I have weight issues that I've decided to change. I'm about 50lbs overweight and so my doctor and I have come up with a plan to get me to a healthy point. Im also at risk of diabetes and showing early symptoms of type 2 diabetes which i don't want to have. its like a wake up call for me.

One thing my doctor suggested was that i talk to people in a similar situation but since i don't want to talk to anyone I know(I'm a little embarrassed) i thought going an online forum would be the next best thing. so here I am. Im really more of listener than a talker but ill do my best to interact as this is new for me but I'm very excited about it!

So thats a little bit about me, thank you for letting em join the group and cheers!

Ms. Machina

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. azure

azure Type 1 · Expert

Welcome @msmachina :)

You'll find lots of friendly people here who'll both chat and listen :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Hi and welcome.. what kind of plan have you and the doc come up with?
    As a lot of us are diet controlled then we may be able to give you some guidance along the road.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Liam1955

Liam1955 Type 2 · Master

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook