Hello - worried may not be true GDM

GDM06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello,
I just want to find out if someone as experienced this. I am pregnant with baby number 2
I was diagnosed with GDM in 1st preganncy age 25yrs BMI 24 - UK SIZE 8/10 pre pregnancy, was diagnosed at 22 weeks, and commenced on insulin at 24wks. 6 weeks post partum GTT was missed by myself - my fault really.

Now 30yrs - BMI 28 pre pregnancy - UK size 12/14, diagnosed at 16 weeks, HBA1c at time of diagnosis 6.9%. I have been on insulin since 17 weeks, I am begining to think I may be some variant of some type of DM, I am requiring insulin early after diagnosis of GDM, but once on insulin fantastic control. Last time never required more than 8-10 units of long acting, and rapid acting between 4-6 units.

I have extremely strong family hx of diabetes, with slightly later onset of diabetes but requiring insulin soon after diagnosis, I am the fourth generation with this.
I know since I missed my 6 weeks GTT the last, it is had to know if blood sugar was erratic after last delivery was just told to d/c insulin and GTT at 6 weeks.
I did loose weight most of pre pregnancy weight intially but from about 6 months post partum gradually put on weight and had a lot of trouble controlling weight hence the BMI. Prior to this never had issues with my weight at all.

I know there may not be answers, until I do GTT at 6 weeks, but just wondering if any one has experience with this.
Thanks