Hello

jimmysmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, I used to have an account on here a fair few years ago, sadly the email, password and username are lost to the depths of time so I've had to make myself a new account.

Anyway, I'm Jimmy, 26 and have been a Type 1 diabetic since I was about 8 or 9 (it's a bit hazy due to a traffic accident I was in).
I would like to say I'm a 'good' diabetic and always watch what I eat, always do my injections when I should and do copious amounts of blood tests.....I would like to say that.

Sadly, I struggle to do that, me joining here again and, hopefully, being more active and social on here is my first step in trying to bring things under control.

Reactions: Liam1955

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey @jimmysmith Welcome back on board again :)

Would you like me to move your post into type 1, so more type 1's will see it ?

Many struggle, so don't feel alone, lots of help and support here to get you back on track, my advice is to just take small steps each day to make improvements, so aim to test before eating and upon waking and before sleeping, maybe get a diabetes tracker on your phone like Diaconnect to help you ?

jimmysmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @jimmysmith Welcome back on board again :)

Would you like me to move your post into type 1, so more type 1's will see it ?

Many struggle, so don't feel alone, lots of help and support here to get you back on track, my advice is to just take small steps each day to make improvements, so aim to test before eating and upon waking and before sleeping, maybe get a diabetes tracker on your phone like Diaconnect to help you ?

Hi, oooh yes please, that might help. :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @jimmysmith . Welcome back to the forum.
I was diagnosed at age 27 ( almost 27 yrs ago ). Looking back I think I was lucky, I was at an age maybe like yourself where life takes on different perspectives and we question and answer things differently.
I'm sure you're wealth of knowledge will help others.