Hello

Shelber

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, I'm Scot a 37 year old who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last month. I had just gone to the doctor to try to lower my blood pressure, and found this out as well. I got put on Metformin. I am just new to this and want to join a community that will help me learn good lifestyle changes, with people on the same health journey as myself.

Reactions: muzza3 and KK123

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I'm Scot a 37 year old who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last month. I had just gone to the doctor to try to lower my blood pressure, and found this out as well. I got put on Metformin. I am just new to this and want to join a community that will help me learn good lifestyle changes, with people on the same health journey as myself.

Hi there Scot & welcome! You've come to the right place I can tell you that! You will get lots of good advice on this site from people who are actually living it. x

Reactions: Shelber

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome.. can you recall what your HbA1c level was that led to your diagnosis?
It can help us to gauge whereabouts you are on the T2 spectrum.

Shelber

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome.. can you recall what your HbA1c level was that led to your diagnosis?
It can help us to gauge whereabouts you are on the T2 spectrum.

When they diagnosed me, my A1C was 9.6%

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome to the club. Just ask questions, and also have a look at the main website, which is a huge library of information. Good luck.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When they diagnosed me, my A1C was 9.6%

Ok you might see others report theirs in mmol/mol in which yours translates to 81.4 mmol/mol.
Mine was 87 mmol/mol on diagnosis and now bubbles along just under 30 mmol/mol.

Good lifestyle changes for you would likely be eating less often and eating a lot less carbohydrates than you have been used to.

There's lots of info on the forum and lots of low carb food advice on www.dietdoctor.com.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you decide to eat low carb and are taking medication to lower your blood pressure, be aware that you might need to stop the tablets.
On another forum dedicated to low carb I read of several people having falls due to their blood pressure reducing, one was quite serious. Some had reported dizziness to their GPs and been told to continue with the tablets because people don't get better from high blood pressure.
Sigh.
Anyway - welcome to the forum and hopefully to the start of better things.