Hello

JoRaP

Hi. I am Jo and received the shock diagnosis on Tuesday.
Still coming to terms with it and doing a LOT of reading!
I am embarking on the 800 diet over the next few weeks to see I can improve my figures. Also have been working out for the past month so actually feel much healthier than I have been a a while.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hi jo and welcome to the forum. Loads of useful information here. Hi recommend you look at the newly diagnosed section, you will probably find answers to some of your questions there.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I am Jo and received the shock diagnosis on Tuesday.
Still coming to terms with it and doing a LOT of reading!
I am embarking on the 800 diet over the next few weeks to see I can improve my figures. Also have been working out for the past month so actually feel much healthier than I have been a a while.
Hi! I'm Jo, and I got my shock diagnosis about 5,5 years ago. Guess what? Life's going to get so much better from here on in! I know, hard to believe eh... But once you know what's wrong, and you begin do something about it, well... You'll notice your body'll appreciate it. The 800 should help kickstart the changes, and once you're done with that (It's not a long-term diet, but it is a way to get a running start), you can shift over onto low carb and continue the road to better health. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ should help with the long term diet after the 800. But all in all... You're off to an excellent start, and not only that... You're taking the bull by the horns, which means you'll get this under control in no time flat. Which is absolutely a realistic goal!

If you have questions, throw them out there, there's always someone about with answers. Welcome to this corner of the web, and good luck!
Jo