Help…

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been diabetic for many years and thought I had it under control. I have had lower back and shoulder pain for a few years and have mentioned it to the GP. Having kept a diary I have realised that the pain at night seems to be on the odd occasion I have eaten too much wheat or sugar. Going forward I am drastically cutting down my carb intake and haven’t had sugar for a while now. Is there anything else I should do?

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been diabetic for many years and thought I had it under control. I have had lower back and shoulder pain for a few years and have mentioned it to the GP. Having kept a diary I have realised that the pain at night seems to be on the odd occasion I have eaten too much wheat or sugar. Going forward I am drastically cutting down my carb intake and haven’t had sugar for a while now. Is there anything else I should do?
Hi aqualung

I notice a similar thing. I'm on ~20g carb/day. With me, I seem to have unpredictable bouts of inflammation where old injuries start to hurt again and I acquire new ones easily. Naproxen does a good job in removing the inflammation but the price is oedema, which is a well-known and unfortunate naproxen side-effect.

Obviously, I would do anything I can do to avoid inflammation in the first place, but unlike you I'm not seeing any dependable pattern.

I guess you have to persist with what you're doing? Hope it works for you.

Reactions: VashtiB