Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I saw this posted on Facebook in the T1d London meet up group chat and feel it's vital to do all we can to help support those in need during these really tough times, I have just cleared my drawer of all unused pump sets that I can't give back to the NHS, my unused meters and all other items I no longer need but cannot give back to the NHS, I have removed the link regarding sending donations as it against forums rules but if anyone is able to help here is the thread:

If you would like to support children with type1 diabetes in Ukraine you can send anything from the list below to:

Fundacja dla Dzieci z Cukrzycą
ul.Szpitalna 5/16,
00-031 Warszawa, Poland with a note on the box: UKRAINA

They collect:
insulin,
glucometer strips,
pens,
glucose,
glucagon,
infusion sets for pumps
and ANY other medical accessories needed by diabetics

Below link to the original post in polish: https://www.facebook.com/plugins/po...sts/4275013795932172&show_text=true&width=500
--------------------------------------------------------------
You can also send diabetic supplies to:

Krzysztof Hajduczek
Ul. Reymonta 14/7
40-029 Katowice, Poland
who drives mini vans to the border and passes the medical supplies to Ukrainian activists. He also collects bandages, pain killers, thermal blankets, batteries, first aid kits, basically anything you may need fighting in the war :( All collections are sent to the medical centre near Kyiv

Thank you
32.png

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Does it have to be in date?

I am sending some ketostix which are past their use by date as they would still be ok to use - but am sending a letter highlighting this just in case, to be honest use by dates are just guidance, items are generally ok, they can also make the call if it's useless too.

Reactions: Hopeful34

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use out of date items myself quite happily, but didn't want to pay postage if it was no good to them. I'd have thought out of date was better than not having an item, but I guess it depends on their guidelines and also how desperate they are.

Reactions: jjraak

markpj31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
Would they be allowed in the post? Thought prescription medications were not permitted? Especially cross-borders. (EU have strict rules).

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am sure you can post medical things by post as I get all my pump supplies by post, I have some spare reservoirs and infusion sets so I will try to post them

Reactions: himtoo and Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
That's great @Peter03 - personally I am not fussed about sending anything, these are desperate times and we need to do anything we can to help, having stuff lying around in drawers that's completely useless to me but could help someone else is well worth the risk with postage.

Reactions: jjraak

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
there is a company here in the UK that normally sells decorative items for diabetes tech ( stickers and patches etc )

they have stepped up big style and have so far collected over £100k of supplies for ukraine

they are

type one style UKR
discovery Park
Innovation House
Sandwich
Kent

CT13 9 FF

you can contact them on [email protected] for further detail

markpj31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
I am sure you can post medical things by post as I get all my pump supplies by post, I have some spare reservoirs and infusion sets so I will try to post them

According to Royal Mail regarding prescription medicines.

"May only be sent by, or at the specific request of, a qualified medical practitioner, registered dental practitioner, veterinary surgeon, registered nurse or a recognised laboratory or institution."

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You said the EU have strict rules but you must have meant the UK, as I live in the EU I was thinking in the EU you can post medical items but I am not sure, although I do post my old pumps back to my supplier with no problems. Let's hope lots of people send item's to the people of the Ukraine

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you google beyond type 1 there is an article about helping people in the ukraine which is helpful.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

markpj31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
Last edited:

markpj31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
Another note if you have an ASDA near you regarding the request for Jelly beans in relation to hypos. They do 5 for £1 there, as well as other quick release sweets.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cheers. E-mailed them about a few boxes of test strips that I have (although slightly out of date).

EDIT: Seems they don't take expired goods.

Yes i've had an email off them stating this too, which makes perfect sense for insulin, however other items like test strips and ketostix it's not an issue as in a sealed container and less likely to be affected - I am going to send my box direct to Poland on this basis.

Reactions: Goonergal

markpj31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
Yes i've had an email off them stating this too, which makes perfect sense for insulin, however other items like test strips and ketostix it's not an issue as in a sealed container and less likely to be affected - I am going to send my box direct to Poland on this basis.

Yep, I did a test once on some out-dated strips, took a blood sample and the same sample again on some well in date strips and the result was the same. Seems a small parcel to Poland costs just over a fiver from Royal Mail.

Reactions: Juicyj and Antje77

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
I saw this posted on Facebook in the T1d London meet up group chat and feel it's vital to do all we can to help support those in need during these really tough times, I have just cleared my drawer of all unused pump sets that I can't give back to the NHS, my unused meters and all other items I no longer need but cannot give back to the NHS, I have removed the link regarding sending donations as it against forums rules but if anyone is able to help here is the thread:

If you would like to support children with type1 diabetes in Ukraine you can send anything from the list below to:

Fundacja dla Dzieci z Cukrzycą
ul.Szpitalna 5/16,
00-031 Warszawa, Poland with a note on the box: UKRAINA

They collect:
insulin,
glucometer strips,
pens,
glucose,
glucagon,
infusion sets for pumps
and ANY other medical accessories needed by diabetics

Below link to the original post in polish: https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/warszawskieslodziaki/posts/4275013795932172&show_text=true&width=500
--------------------------------------------------------------
You can also send diabetic supplies to:

Krzysztof Hajduczek
Ul. Reymonta 14/7
40-029 Katowice, Poland
who drives mini vans to the border and passes the medical supplies to Ukrainian activists. He also collects bandages, pain killers, thermal blankets, batteries, first aid kits, basically anything you may need fighting in the war :( All collections are sent to the medical centre near Kyiv

Thank you
32.png

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Thank you; they are about 1 year old, but well sealed. I am sure that organizations like Red Cross, and MSF are doing more than individuals, but it makes me feel good to help; actually, I feel sorry for the Russians too.. except for the Megalomaniac of course.